Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cant connect to wireless??

This is a discussion on Cant connect to wireless?? within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi there, Been with sky broadband for about 3 months now and all has been working fine up until Friday ...

xwillc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cant connect to wireless??

Hi there,

Been with sky broadband for about 3 months now and all has been working fine up until Friday just gone.....

When turning on the Sagem Wireless router, noticed a orange flashing light comes on by the "'@" sign on the router?? The wireless network appears in the list of available networks, but whereas before it used to connect automatically, it now will not connect. When I manually click on connect it just sits there saying "attempting to connect..." but nothing.

If connect to the router via the ethernet cable then all works fine with no probs what so ever so its just the "wireless" that seems to have stopped working for some reason. Nothing has changed on laptop or with phone socket at all so unsure why this would just stop working.

I have read some of the posts on here already and tried a few things out on the router such as changing the channel number and turning off upnp setting but still no good.

Any ideas/suggestions welcome as already spent hours looking into this and not getting anywhere :-(

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Cant connect to wireless??

First try resetting the router. Push a biro in he little hole in he back, for about 10seconds.

Are you using WZC, if you are, try disabling it then try connecting with the adapters software. There have been a few reports that WZC has been upset by a recent update. I don't know if this is true, but it is worth a try.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Golf18 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Radcliffe
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I have been having issues with what was a perfectly good wireless connection until recently. It appears that WZC is affecting the Speedtouch usb adapter. I get 40% plus signal but the adapter does not obtain an IP address, yet it can see all changes I make to the router like channel changes and WPA key. Searching on Microsoft ther are some issues with WZC and XP with SP2 and there are 3 hot fixes that did not make any difference.

I am toying with rebuilding the PC and not applying updates to isolate MS issues.

Anyone had the same issues as the PC was set for automatic updates, wired PC has never had any issues.

Monday is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWHAY
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

USb adapters have always been know for eating CPU juice and being crap.

If you can get a PCI one.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Moving the PC around to get a better signal is obviously out of the question, but have you considered using a USB extension lead on the adapter to give you a bit more flexibility? I would also try turning off WZC and using the adapter software to connect.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.