Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Wireless connection problem - help!

This is a discussion on Wireless connection problem - help! within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi. Ive been using sky broadband for about a year and every so often, we lose connection to the internet ...

lauram200984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01242
      Broadband ISP: unknown
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Wireless connection problem - help!

Hi.

Ive been using sky broadband for about a year and every so often, we lose connection to the internet for about 6 hours due to skys networks being down (so we get told every time).

The last time this happened, it came back and since then we have been unable to use wireless internet on my laptop. I have checked 192.168.0.1 and this says that the wireless is enabled.... yet there is no wireless light hence no connection.

The internet works fine on my desktop pc but i need to know how to get it working on my laptop wirelessly? Even searching on my laptop for available networks doesnt bring up my network on the list...... please help??!!

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Wireless connection problem - help!

If you have been into 192.168.0.1 and it says the wireless is enabled then try turning it off, apply the change and then turn it on, if that still doesn't get the light on the router to flash then there may be a problem. Try turning off encryption on the router (wireless settings, disable encryption) and while in there change the channel number in use to something away from the number you are currently on.
      If there is still no wireless connection call them back and tell them that the wireless is not working, you cannot access it with the encrytion turned off as you cannot even see it in the list and that you have changed the channel already on it.
      One last thing you can try is change the channel, disable encryption and also change the SSID number that identifies it. (After making any changes always click on the apply button) If that doesn't work then the odds are the router is broken and needs replacing.

bluntm is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: NTL
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Wireless connection problem - help!

if you are getting no wireless light then check if the test light is on green if so it is a problem with the router call and get it replaced