Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky BB box but Tesco BB wireless adaptor - can I make them talk?

This is a discussion on Sky BB box but Tesco BB wireless adaptor - can I make them talk? within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi All, I recently signed up to Sky 'everything included' package. With my never ending problems with British Telecom, it ...

Aimsbury is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Question Sky BB box but Tesco BB wireless adaptor - can I make them talk?

Hi All,

I recently signed up to Sky 'everything included' package. With my never ending problems with British Telecom, it made sense to go with Sky for the phone too, so why not internet aswell? The package seemed good enough.

I was previously on Tesco broadband who had sent me a Thomson speedtouch box and Speedtouch 121g (version 2) USB adaptor.

When the Sky wireless box came through (netgear), there wasn't an adaptor with it, so to connect the PC to the internet, I need the wireless box to be close by. Unfortunately, I don't have a phone line next to the computer. After a few weeks of having my PC in the living room, I've got fed up of looking at it sitting there, and have moved everything back into the office.

So, (sorry for the life story!), can I get my speedtouch usb adaptor to work with the netgear wireless router, or do I need to go out and by a netgear one instead?

Many thanks in advance,
      Amy

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Sky BB box but Tesco BB wireless adaptor - can I make them talk?

you just have to scan for your Sky router, and enter the password when prompted...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket