Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

wireless adapter advice for a newbie

This is a discussion on wireless adapter advice for a newbie within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi all. I received my new router today, a nifty looking wee sagem number. Activation date is I believe tomorrow ...

billyl81 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0141812
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

wireless adapter advice for a newbie

Hi all.

I received my new router today, a nifty looking wee sagem number.

Activation date is I believe tomorrow and so far I have resisted the urge to start messsing about with it anyways.

I have however read through the instruction manual, and it would appear that if i want go wireless, which I do, I shall have to purchase a wireless adapter, and sky would be delighted to sell me one.

So my question is thus, do I have to buy one from from sky, can I buy something from amazon or such like, and what exactly do I want to buy??

I have a dell laptop, about 4 years old, runs on xp.

I have browsed other similar posts to this, and I apologise for adding another, but my technical knowledge goes no deeper than what I have stated above, and I found that all the threads I looked converted into language unknown to me, so please, answer only in the layest of laymen terms if possible.

Thanks!!

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: wireless adapter advice for a newbie

Quote Originally Posted by billyl81 View Post
      So my question is thus, do I have to buy one from from sky, can I buy something from amazon or such like
      No you don't have to buy one from Sky though if you want them to support your wireless connection then you do.