Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

new and having problems

This is a discussion on new and having problems within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; i have disabled the normal windows firewall thats all there is on the laptop. Does it matter what type of ...

J3OEF is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: new and having problems

i have disabled the normal windows firewall thats all there is on the laptop. Does it matter what type of wireless card is in the laptop or does that not matter? it can see the connection as i said just not connect to it

2. Advertisement
      HSNetwork is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLRF
      Broadband ISP: Max going to O2 Pro
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Hmm,

The card type shouldnt make any odds if truth be told. But when you say card is it a pcmcia one or inbuilt?

And again if pcmcia then are you using the software that came with it and if yes have you completely disabled the windows zero config utility? (assuming your running windows XP)
      Regards,

Tom (HSNetwork)

A Word of advice :-
      "Dont ever p*** of your Network/System/Server Admin. Any responsible IT Admin will know more about you than you know about yourself, just ask those that have wronged me.

How to set up Wireless on your Ipod Touch / IPhone (PDF including pictures)
      How to set up Sky Emails on your Ipod Touch / Iphone (PDF including pictures)

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

the card in the laptop is an inbuilt Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3a Mini PCI Adapter and the card in the other PC is a Belkin Wireless G Adapated model F5D7000 and all computers are running XP, 2 home and 1 professional

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Hmm, thats weird as I have the 2200BG in mine and it works a treat.

So to check again you have clicked connect, it went through the motions of connecting but then doesnt say you are connected? Or do you get that little sys tray icon in the bottom right corner flashing green or anything?
      Regards,

Tom (HSNetwork)

"Dont ever p*** of your Network/System/Server Admin. Any responsible IT Admin will know more about you than you know about yourself, just ask those that have wronged me.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i clicked connect, it goes through the process and just does nothing, i got the wireless card icon in the corner and if i hover over that it says out or range 0% signal quailty 0% and SSID is blank but if i go into wireless network connection it shows SKY25819 and signal strength as excellent.

Also on the other pc when i disable the connection and enable it i get back the sky connection if i rescan within the belkin wireless utility as from time to time it seems to not be there. I have alos just removed the card and software and reinstalled it, no different though

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

just got now a message saying cannot connect to this network then a little write up saying there might be interference between this computer and the netwrok access point, or the network is refusing access to this computer.

To restart the connection and try to establish full connectivity click repair which i did to no effect.

If repairind does not restort connectivity, the problem might be with the network, not with this computer. Contact the person who manages your network.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Hmm,

Truth be told, at this time of night your laptop has completely baffled me. If its seeing the network and saying 100% then when you connect it vanishes...well.

As for you PC witht he belkin card, its not a case of uninstalling the card and resinstalling it, its a case of going into admin tool then services and then completely disabling the windows zero config utility, as if this is running at the same time as your belkin software then there could be conflicts.

Also what channel is the wireless running on (router side) Default should be 6 I think but you may do well to change this and try another. I have never had a problem with channel 6 myself.

Another trick to try laptop wise could be ( and im not saying it will work but could) is to go into device manager and uninstall the wireless adapter then let XP reinstall it again with its own default drivers.

Im afraid I will be going to bed now though as its late and im not feeling too great but will check back in the morning to see if you have resolved the issue yet.
      Regards,

Tom (HSNetwork)

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i appreciate all your help and i will carry on and hopefully resolve it, if not im sure ill get some more help 2moro so thanks and i will try again what you have suggested.
      cheers

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

tried what you said but still dont work, this is getting even more confusing now, just dont know what to do next

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234