Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

new and having problems

This is a discussion on new and having problems within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by PaulSky Try going to 192.168.0.1 via ethernet cable connection to sky router user name: admin Pword: sky ...

eyemdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMMNSFI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: new and having problems

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      Try going to 192.168.0.1 via ethernet cable connection to sky router
      user name: admin
      Pword: sky
      Good idea. If this works then ignore my post above as I have guessed wrong about the static IP addresses set up for the Belkin!

2. Advertisement
      J3OEF is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      Try going to 192.168.0.1 via ethernet cable connection to sky router
      user name: admin
      Pword: sky
      go into settings, find the wireless setup and disable encryption
      remove the ethernet cabletry to see if you can connect to the sky router wirelessly, if you can then it's probably going to need to be set at WEP encryption for your devices to connect. If you cannot connect then there is an issue somewhere.
      Either way remember to turn your WPA or WEP encrytion back on within the router settings to secure your connection again.
      let me just get this right, go into the sky settings on which computer? the one already working which is wired or the one which i want to wirelessly connect as you have said remove ethernet cable after

HSNetwork is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLRF
      Broadband ISP: Max going to O2 Pro
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

No,

Paul meant for you to log into the router ( http://192.168.0.1 ) and then follow the outlined steps.

If you have a working PC already on ethernet then use this one to log into the router with and carry it out
      Regards,

Tom (HSNetwork)

A Word of advice :-
      "Dont ever p*** of your Network/System/Server Admin. Any responsible IT Admin will know more about you than you know about yourself, just ask those that have wronged me.

How to set up Wireless on your Ipod Touch / IPhone (PDF including pictures)
      How to set up Sky Emails on your Ipod Touch / Iphone (PDF including pictures)

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HSNetwork View Post
      No,

Paul meant for you to log into the router ( http://192.168.0.1 ) and then follow the outlined steps.

If you have a working PC already on ethernet then use this one to log into the router with and carry it out
      did think that just got abit confused, carrying that out now although its rather slow at trying to open the page :| also one other thing, in network connections what should i have in there as at the minute i have Local Area connection enabled and i also have and Internet Gateway ?

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Do you mean on your computer? If so then this should be to obtain the ip address automatically.
      Regards,

Tom (HSNetwork)

"Dont ever p*** of your Network/System/Server Admin. Any responsible IT Admin will know more about you than you know about yourself, just ask those that have wronged me.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

my internet is running really slow at the minute opening pages and such, anyhow i carried out what someone suggested and went into the ip and router settings and disabled the encryption, went to the other pc and still no different. Only problem on the other pc is unlike the laptop i cannot search for wireless devices like in this pic it says view available wireless networks, i dont have that option

http://uis.georgetown.edu/images/con...uring.xp-2.gif

On the other pc also in the wireless card option menu, it can see both belkin and sky with it showing the mac addys and signal strength, sky one being stronger, its only when i goto the status menu and change from belkin to sky it just says scanning..... for sky but when i switch back to belkin it says scanning then finds itselfs and gets up and running.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

At the risk of looking and sounding daft, did you choose for your wireless device to automatically connect to the belkin and for it to be the preferred network?

If so try and erase those options and then try connecting tot he sky wireless again. I say this as I did have that problem with my laptop when I was configuring 3 wireless routers and couldnt easily switch between the 3...
      Regards,

Tom (HSNetwork)

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i did not no but with all the messing about i have done i think it probably has been preffered now as i do remember seeing it earlier on when i was on the phone to skys tech service waste of time that was. I think to make everything simpler, i will unplug the belkin and just concentrate on the sky router rather then saying it worked with this and so on, so ill go and get the sky router as the prefered and try delete all traces of the belkin router connection

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

right i have now generated a WEP key, gone to the other pc and configured it, i have also input a ip and dns and gateway myself, i have then gone into the wireless networks and its now showing sky25819 as preffered and available with a little silver thing and a blue ring around it.... all souinds good dont it? i then get a little pop up telling me wireless network available, i click it and the sky one comes up, i type the wep key, click connect and nothing happens but the pop up coming up again? really am confused now

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Have you tried connecting to it without WEP?

If this works then you could try moving onto WEP or even WPA again. But to make sure it works on wireless you should try connecting and have it working witout WPA or WEP.
      Regards,

Tom (HSNetwork)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast