Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No wireless connection?

This is a discussion on No wireless connection? within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, just start off by giving you a lowdown of whats going on....i have the sky modem currently plugged in ...

schutz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No wireless connection?

Hi, just start off by giving you a lowdown of whats going on....i have the sky modem currently plugged in with my ethernet cable but of course this is not where the problem is as when wired the internet connection is fine. I bought a belkin wireless card for this pc, put it in earlier thats all installed fine and its showing up in my network connections but it says not connected, after clicking on it i cant see any of the SKY###### connections it just says windows cannot configure this wireless connection. I didnt setup any IP/MAC or anything as the last time i did anything network related was when i was 14 about 6 years ago so im bloody clueless to be honest.

Im on windows xp sp2, everythings installed fine and dandy and my ethernet works fine its just picking up a wireless signal, the box says its transmitting a signal but alas i can not pick it up nor can the 360 in this house or psp/ds so im fairly confused and any help i will be eternally grateful for

Cheers.

2. Advertisement
      woodulikesomefun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: No wireless connection?

Hey,
      Same thinks happening to me mate. The problem started about one month ago when I first tried to connect wireless up. I first contacted Sky Support who went through all sorts, but still to no avail. They told me to contact the manufacturer of my laptop, ( which is 3 months old).

Anyway, got cheesed off with trying so left it alone for a day or so, when I switched it on a few days later, hey presto it worked fine. That was until tonight when it all went wrong again. I know its not my laptop that's the problem as I had also my 360 hooked up and could access WLAN on my phone which all wont work now. I also have a spare wireless router as Sky sent me two by mistake, what a surprise, that does not work either. If you ask me its something Sky is doing, blocking wireless access or some other problem they are not telling its customers about.

woodulikesomefun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Update on the above.....Just read one of the other forums which told me to go into the wireless router settings and change the channel frequency of the router. I have a sagem router and it told me that I should change the channel due to other household electrical applicances ie, digital cordless phone, and neighbours wireless routers, that may run on the same frequency. Originally the channel was set on auto, but after trial and error going through each individual channel between 1 and 13, I discovered whilst on channel 9, my laptop, xbox and mobile phone could all pick up wireless connection.

Problem solved (for the time being again!!)

Hope that this helps!

Thanks

schutz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cheers ill give it a whirl soon, i actually got my connection to show up finally be enabling that WZC thing but it constantly disables itself so its a bit of a pain but i cant even use the connection as im under the assumption the signals to weak. If i look at it in my belkin wirless connection program it says it can see it but it cant connect, with microsofts wireless connection thingy-magig it can connect but alas i can not browse internet etc. The 360 cant pick up any signal either but tomorow i shall try what you suggested, i did that before i had any signal to no avail but i shall try again later ill let ya know how it goes.