Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection Problems with Belkin G+ MIMO Router

This is a discussion on Connection Problems with Belkin G+ MIMO Router within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have purchased a Belkin G+ MIMO modem router to replace the SAGUM F@ST unit that sky gave me. I ...

clubs45 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connection Problems with Belkin G+ MIMO Router

I have purchased a Belkin G+ MIMO modem router to replace the SAGUM F@ST unit that sky gave me.
      I have tried to set this unit up but I canít get it to connect to sky broadband.
      I have tried my user name that sky gave me, along with my password; I also checked the settings from the SAGUM router.
      Sky tells me that they only support the two routers they issue,
      This seems unfair, as the SAGUM router wireless range is not very good, hence me buying the Belkin one.

Has anyone else had the same problems, if so is there any way of getting this router to work with sky.

2. Advertisement
      James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Connection Problems with Belkin G+ MIMO Router

Unfortunately, you have to use the supplied router for your broadband connection. The username and password given to you by Sky are for collecting email - they are not the connection username and password that you need to put into your Belkin router to get it to connect to Sky's network.

The connection username and password are effectively built into the Sagem router, and as yet, no-one has worked out how to extract them.

It is possible to connect the two routers together so that the Sagem router is used for the broadband connection, and the Belkin router handles the wireless networking, but it's a bit fiddly.