Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Wireless adapter??sky?? connectivity please help!!

This is a discussion on Wireless adapter??sky?? connectivity please help!! within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Firstly hello and what a great forum and site, My first post, so be gentle,in my third year at Uni ...

stevie34 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0209
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question Wireless adapter??sky?? connectivity please help!!

Firstly hello and what a great forum and site, My first post, so be gentle,in my third year at Uni and as you can imagine depend on an internet connection for work email etc, anyway to the point,

Had sky broadband for 1month and a half and have had a terrible experience with it, first router we had (the black one) broke after 3days, waited 2weeks for a new one, now we have the new wireless router i cannot connect.

Im living in a house with 6 others, 3 have wireless working, 3 dont. I have been over the forums changing settings, but to no avail.

In the simplest terms i dont have a consistent connectivity one day it will work, the next it wont.

I have a Belkin wireless adapter, i have uninstalled the software and am using solely the Windows wireless program. When i have the settings on automatically assign IP and DNS etc it just comes up with invalid 0.0.0.0. So i have tried assigning my own IP 192.168.x.x and assigned the DNS. This doesnt work either.

I have been in the router setting and turned off UPnp as i read that by doing so it can solve connectivity problems for no apparent reason...

If its any help the 3 laptops that work, 2 of them have an inbuilt wireless, one has Lynskys. O the 3 who dont have connection 2 have Belkins and one an inbuilt adapter. Also may be totally unrelated but the 3 who have working broadband lived together last year in the same house with NTL. and the 3 who dont also lived together and had NTL.. as i said, may be of some use.

I have been pulling my hair out, have had no help from sky and feel i may aswell have chucked my money down the drain! anyhelp would be terrific and hopefully can resolve this very annoying problem!!

cheers guys

2. Advertisement
      windydan10 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01736
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Wireless adapter??sky?? connectivity please help!!

Hello! is your router a Netgear DG934G? can you conect via the yellow ethernet cable? And does your laptop pick up the wireless network but just wont conect? If yes to all 3 make sure that you input the network key printed on the bottom of the router in CAPITALS.Let me know if this helps.