Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Vista Wireless problems

This is a discussion on Vista Wireless problems within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I've had the V1 Netgear router since September 06 and finally fried that a couple of weeks ago trying to ...

wakka is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Morley
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Question Vista Wireless problems

I've had the V1 Netgear router since September 06 and finally fried that a couple of weeks ago trying to update the firmware. Sky have now sent me the latest V2 black Netgear Router which is working fine but the same problem has occurred on both machine and my old US Robotics router: I have a Netgear WG111T wireless adapter with the latest Vista drivers but i suffer constant disconnections when the adapter just stops working. If you physically pull out the adapter, it re-boots itself and the net comes back but I don't want to keep doing this - any ideas anyone?

I've tried removing netgears software but then I can't get vista to use the adapter. Seems like a compatibility problem from a Google search and i'd hoped the latest Sky router would solve it it hasn't. Turning off plug and play made no difference either.

Ta

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Vista Wireless problems

If you look at the Netgear support site discussion pages you'll see there are many postings about problems with Vista and USB wireless adapter models.