Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

PSP with my Wireless SKY Modem

This is a discussion on PSP with my Wireless SKY Modem within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have a SKY NetGear modem but i dont know how to set up the wireless internet connection on my ...

anil2709 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0113
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

PSP with my Wireless SKY Modem

I have a SKY NetGear modem but i dont know how to set up the wireless internet connection on my psp. And im not sure if or how to set up wireless at all.
      Everytime I contact SKY they tell me nothing at take a week to reply anyway.
      the last time i conacted them they never replied again
      Pleas can someone help me

2. Advertisement
      Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: PSP with my Wireless SKY Modem

Hey Anil2709, Sorry to hear you are having problems.

I have a PSP connected to the Sky Router and it all works fine. I take it your having difficulties because you arent really sure on how to create a new wireless connection on the PSP.

I dont have mine to hand to guide you through, But the PSP Manuals site has an article about it.

Common settings

Select the access point that you want to use.
      Make sure that is YOUR Sky Router, The SSID should match those of your router, These details are on the little Slip/Card that came with your router, Or underneath the router, Providing you havent changed them.

Select the type of security that you will use.
      If you selected the correct Router from step 6 this should already be highlighted so go on and hit next.

Enter the encryption key for the security settings.
      These again, Providing you havent changed them from the defaults, Will be on that little slip/card that came with your router.
      Make sure the Cases are correct, if its CAPITALS on the slip then use capitals, if it lower then use lower.

Select [Easy].
      Select Easy if you dont have a Static LAN IP setup for the PSP and just want it to run openly on a dynamic LAN IP.

And the rest follow from the guide and you have created your Wifi Connection to the Router on the PSP.

anil2709 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0113
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: PSP with my Wireless SKY Modem

I have finally got it to work (internet and online gaming on my psp) but i keep losing connection.

I have poor signal strength downstairs (below 60, normally 55 and sometimes even 30's). Upstairs is fine even though i still lose connection there aswell.

When ever i play fifa 08 on it, in the middle of a game or right at the loading page it loses connection (communication failed dns error 80410410) and this results in me getting a defeat in the game, so im guessing its me thats lost connection.

Upstairs or especially downstairs i lose connection.

My modem is plugged into the computer as i dont think my PC is wireless enabled and i am using a long extention cable as i dont have a socket upstairs (BT said it would cost 150 for a new socket, rip off). I frequently lose connection on the PC (even when the modem says its working), mostly at night. I rang sky and told them and they told nothing can be done, it happens sometimes. Thanks for the help customer service! (not this site, the SKY customer service)