Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Limited or No Connectivity

This is a discussion on Limited or No Connectivity within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I have a problem with my wireless connection that started happening just recently. I have been using wireless on ...

kevt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Limited or No Connectivity

Hi,

I have a problem with my wireless connection that started happening just recently. I have been using wireless on my laptop for many months now, with no problems. However, on Saturday I first got the message 'Limited or No Connectivity', and when I repair it always fails at aquiring network address. Wired connections work fine, and the wireless connection always shows as excellent. I disabled UPnP and set channel 6 when I first installed as per recommendations. I have used encryption from day 1.

The only changes that have been made are the standard updates for Windows XP, Norton antivirus and Zonealarm, which update frequently anyway.

Wired works OK, so the router is obviously connecting. Tried resetting the winsock cache and repairing the TCPIP stack (with instructions from the internet) but no joy.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Limited or No Connectivity

Download TCPOptimizer but also check your wireless for interference -- use adapter's scan/site survey and look for neighbouring networks - move to a frequency 6 channels away from strongest. Relocate cordless phone base station -- even move computer/router away from party wall if your neighbour has cordless.

kevt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Limited or No Connectivity

I downloaded Windows XP hotfix KB917021 and rebooted router and laptop. Now my connection seems to work OK.