Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Getting there ...

This is a discussion on Getting there ... within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello I have read through a lot of previous posts but am still having some issues with my Sky broadband ...

BDF
      BDF is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Getting there ...

Hello

I have read through a lot of previous posts but am still having some issues with my Sky broadband wireless access.

I ran the install CD on my wireless laptop (I don't have a phoneline next to my desktop) and internet access worked fine via the ethernet cable. I also followed the instructions for wireless use and this worked fine as well. Everything then stopped and the laptop was unable to acquire a network address for the ethernet or wireless adaptor.

I followed the Sky help folder and manually assigned an IP address - this works fine for the ethernet (can get internet access) and is also connecting via wireless (according to the laptop) but I can't get any internet access via the wireless route. I have taken the ethernet cable out and the same thing happens.

I have been through the wireless setup tutorial and made sure the channels are matching and MAC filtering is off etc but was at the limit of my expertise!

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Getting there ...

If you have the icon showing in your task bar when you are in wireless mode, can you right click and try the repair option ?

BDF
      BDF is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Getting there ...

I tried but it is reporting that there is nothing to repair. On the face of it it looks fine but I can't get any internet access at all (but then can when the ethernet is plugged in)