Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Wireless not working with Vista

This is a discussion on Wireless not working with Vista within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi all, I've just got a new Acer laptop that runs Vista business. I can run the internet fine if ...

retals is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question Wireless not working with Vista

Hi all,

I've just got a new Acer laptop that runs Vista business. I can run the internet fine if the ethernet cable is plugged in but not wirelessly even though it tells me its connected and the signal is at 93%.
      I've tried using a combination of the tips offered for XP and tweaked them as best I could to Vista but still no joy.
      Does oanyone have a step by step gude that they went through to get wireless working on Vista or just any help at all really.
      Thanks for your time.

Ian

P.S I can get the internet wirelessly through a neighbours connection that has no security so i went in to 192.168.0.1 and selected no security but still no joy.

2. Advertisement
      adlams is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Wireless not working with Vista

Sounds like same problem I had way back in march managed to get the dam wireless to work at long last on my Vista laptop

just went in router set up and clicked on Wireless Station Access List, noticed for the first time that in the Available Wireless Stations box it was showing an unknown device with a MAC address, clicked add and then turned on wireless device and it connected.