Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Faulty Wireless Connection.

This is a discussion on Faulty Wireless Connection. within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi , I've been using Sky BB for 14 wks and have an intermittent problem with my wireless connection. I ...

deztaxis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Faulty Wireless Connection.

Hi ,
      I've been using Sky BB for 14 wks and have an intermittent problem with my wireless connection. I use a wireless enabled Laptop, PC with wireless adaptor, and Xbox 360 with wireless adaptor. I have spoken to Sky tech support several times with not much joy. The Sky BB router is a Netgear, the PC wireless adaptor is BT VOYAGER 1050, Xbox wireless adaptor is microsoft, all which i was told are compatible with Sky.
      The connection can run well for hours then unexpectantly disconnect, but mostly when i switch off a computer that is working fine and switch back on it will not find a connection. The adaptors all worked well with BT BB but i switched to Sky for the better price. The Laptop will work fine with ethernet connection but unable to check the PC & Xbox via ethernet connection.
      All Sky tech support will do is change the channel , sell me their wireless adaptors, or blame it on interference.
      Could anyone help me rectify this problem with step by step guide.
      Thanks,
      derek

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Faulty Wireless Connection.

Read the help files on the Sky CD for how to address the router's user interface via Internet Explorer. Once in the router turn off UPnP. Hopefully that will remove one cause of intermittent disconnections.