Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Which adapters are compatible with sky?

This is a discussion on Which adapters are compatible with sky? within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I will be getting the Sky broadband soon and want to buy wireless adaptor from outside and not sky. ...

dvd_lover is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question Which adapters are compatible with sky?

Hi,

I will be getting the Sky broadband soon and want to buy wireless adaptor from outside and not sky. Do anybody know which Netgear wireless adapter is being supplied by sky and which would be the ideal model to buy from outside. Different netgear adapters are coming in 54 mbps and 108 mbps. Does that speed matter. Just for info, I am going for a MID package on sky. Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Which adapters are compatible with sky?

I think Sky sells the Netgear WG111T USB adaptor. If your computer offers you the choice I would opt for PCI card or Cardbus (aka PCMCIA or PC Card) as they seem better than USB. Most brands seem compatible but Netgear is a reliable choice though there are queries about drivers for Vista.

As long as you choose 802.11g or better you'll be fine. The best speed is without wireless, so also consider using or installing an ethernet connector

dvd_lover is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Which adapters are compatible with sky?

Thanks for your reply. Netgear is selling the adaptors in two speeds, 54mbps and 108mbps. Netgear WG111 with speed 54mbps is quite cheap on Amazon. SoI would like to know if that would any difference to me.