Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

cant get netgear WG111v2 adaptor to talk to new sky (netgear) router,please help!

This is a discussion on cant get netgear WG111v2 adaptor to talk to new sky (netgear) router,please help! within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; can anyone help me connect this adaptor which worked perfectly well with the previous (identical netgear) router whilw i was ...

russwill is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Red face cant get netgear WG111v2 adaptor to talk to new sky (netgear) router,please help!

can anyone help me connect this adaptor which worked perfectly well with the previous (identical netgear) router whilw i was with supanet, now with sky(same model router supplied) , cant get my WG11 v2 adaptors to work

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: cant get netgear WG111v2 adaptor to talk to new sky (netgear) router,please help!

Sky set wireless encryption to WPA by default -- you should simply be able to offer the passphrase (printed on the router label) to the WG111's Netgear Wizard.

Also consider interference -- as the Sky router is probably on a different channel than your old model. The Wizard lets you scan for neighbouring wireless networks. Ideally switch the router and adapter to a channel 6 stops away from any strong neighbouring signal -- instruction are in the Sky CD help files.

Relocate or change frequency of cordless phone base station, video sender etc.