Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Weak Sky Broadband wireless signal

This is a discussion on Weak Sky Broadband wireless signal within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; After over 10 years with BT Broadband, I finally subscribed to Sky Unlimited Broadband. One of the first and major ...

TerryinKent is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01795
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Weak Sky Broadband wireless signal

After over 10 years with BT Broadband, I finally subscribed to Sky Unlimited Broadband. One of the first and major differences I have found is that the Sky router will not send a signal all over the house and it is impossible to receive a consistant strong signal upstairs. With BT, I was using the black HomeHub (V2.0) which is one of the best wireless signal routers around.

Based upon a previous entry on this forum, I plugged my BT Homehub into the power socket (electricity) and found that without plugging any phone cables into the hub, it still sends out a strong wireless signal.I then used a ethernet cable and ran this from ethernet ports on the BT Hub to the Sky Hub. The result of this is the BT Hub now sends the wireless Sky signal around the house with a consistant excellent signal. You can even use the four wired Ethernet ports on the hub as well as the four on the sky router, giving you a total of 8! DO NOT plug in your sky broadband phone line to the BT Hub, this should always go through your sky router. You can pick up a Hub from Ebay for 5, hope this helps.

2. Advertisement
      Nickoftime68 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01743
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Weak Sky Broadband wireless signal

Terry - you are a star....Simple but spot on soulution. I have a new black sky router that has a low wireless range, but linked through to my old netgear it sends wireless broadband through the house. Many thanks for the workaround
      Nick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12