Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Is it possible to connect a Speedtouch 780 wirelessly to the Sky router?

This is a discussion on Is it possible to connect a Speedtouch 780 wirelessly to the Sky router? within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I'm hoping someone may be able to help! I've got an Xbox 360 downstairs, and PC with Sky router ...

jayhab is offline Site Content Team
      Exchange: Connah's Quay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: not any more!
      Thanks

Question Is it possible to connect a Speedtouch 780 wirelessly to the Sky router?

Hi, I'm hoping someone may be able to help!

I've got an Xbox 360 downstairs, and PC with Sky router upstairs. I'd like to use Xbox Live but don't have the wireless adapter (and don't fancy paying 50 quid for it!) - I've been on Live already, but this entails me carting the router downstairs and connecting it.

Is there anyway I can use my old Speedtouch 780 router with the Xbox (or with the PC, as there is also a phone socket right next to the 360 too) and connect wirelessly to the Sky router?

As above, it makes no difference to me whether the sky router is upstairs or downstairs although the PC is used much more frequently than the 360. I don't really do the online gaming thing on the xbox - it's more for access to the marketplace that i need it.

I'm not too technically minded either and have never dabbled with a wireless set up before, so if anyone can help and explain it to me in really simple terms, i'd be very greatful!

thank you

2. Advertisement
      azz1986 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: westhoughton
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Is it possible to connect a Speedtouch 780 wirelessly to the Sky router?

hi there, not entirely sure what your looking for, if you meant plug the speedtouch into the phone socket downstairs, and then into your 360 this will not work as only one modem can be connected to the line, but im not sure on the sky router or the speed touch you will havto do some research on it but it is sometimes possible to bridge 2 routers together.

Thought i would edit this post as i have found out according to a website that the sky router doesn't support bridge mode, "The DG834G has no WDS mode and simply won't work as a wireless bridge. The speedtouch should be able to, but you need both ends to be compatible." looks like you ronly option is to cart down your router or to buy the wireless adapter
      Last edited by azz1986; 10-06-07 at 12:04 PM.

jayhab is offline Site Content Team
      Exchange: Connah's Quay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: not any more!
      Thanks

Re: Is it possible to connect a Speedtouch 780 wirelessly to the Sky router?

Yes, bridging was what i was after - I know you can't plug 2 routers into the same line. What is WDS?