Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Belkin Wireless PC Adapter

This is a discussion on Belkin Wireless PC Adapter within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Everything has been working okay but some how I seem to have messed things up. On my wireless connection for ...

mel
      mel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Belkin Wireless PC Adapter

Everything has been working okay but some how I seem to have messed things up. On my wireless connection for my PC I am getting limited or no connectivity. It says It is having problems renewing my IP address. I do not think it is the router because I am using my laptop which uses the same router from beside my PC. I was making some changes to my PC regarding the Channel 4 4oD and I think I messed things up. Please can you help. figure this one out.

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Belkin Wireless PC Adapter

If you have a network connector on your computer use one of the cables in the Sky carton to connect to one of the sockets on the Sky router. Then follow the instructions in the help files on the Sky CD and you will be able to access the router's user interface. From there, disable encryption temporarily (and change wireless channel if you want to) and save settings and exit.

Use Belkin's scan/site survey utility to find the router's wireless, try connecting via wireless. Once it's working reliably, reapply encryption.

If you have no network socket on computer, press the reset button on the router for 10 secs with power on and it will return to default settings.