Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

How's this for WEIRD and BIZARRE

This is a discussion on How's this for WEIRD and BIZARRE within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I had the weirdest problem. I set up everything and it seemed as though everything worked, except the Internet that ...

Nebiroth is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Sky TV:

How's this for WEIRD and BIZARRE

I had the weirdest problem. I set up everything and it seemed as though everything worked, except the Internet that is! I then worked out the Internet was working, just incredibly slowly (it was resolving addresses but giving blank pages, timeouts and stuff after a LONG wait).

I found that connecting to the router was equally slow, but that using a cable worked fine (couldn't do that to check internet, box is too far away and had to be unplugged from the phone line).

Anyhow, I figured...why not change the channel number? There's no one else using the channel the box game on but what the heck. Did that and presto! Connected box back to phone line. Wireless was now working! Except that the internet wasn't at all, not even resolving addresses! Checked router - yup, connected to the exchange at the right speed, but DNS lookup wouldn't work.

Sheesh. Did a factory reset, back to the old wireless slowness, unplugged box, used cabled connection to change channel again, unplugged cable and plugged box back in phone line AGAIN....and....and...

It all WORKS! But what the &$!&"^"&!! was the thing up to?

As I said I could see three other networks, none of which used channel 1 which the pox came set to, so lord knows why setting it to something else worked!

My brain feels pounded flat and my eyes are picked!
      Last edited by Nebiroth; 03-05-07 at 11:03 PM.

2. Advertisement