Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wireless Tutorial

This is a discussion on Wireless Tutorial within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; This thread has helped me to a point! I have 2 identical laptops, when i disable wep wpa etc one ...

mike77cos is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01726
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Wireless Tutorial

This thread has helped me to a point!

I have 2 identical laptops, when i disable wep wpa etc one will connect (although it does say it is not connected?) and i can browse fine, the other will not???

But when i enable WEP niether wants to connect, could i be doing something wrong with the network key? i.e is it case sensative

2. Advertisement
      foxyguy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

it has only taken 12 or 14 hours but i have got my wireless back. thanks.
      i am very new to computers and it is nice to now that some people will help and not ask for money all the time

H0OPERS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Been a few changes since i typed this out!! LOL
      I'll have to go over and fix it all.

Jockdownsouth is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Wireless Tutorial - Step 2 fixed it for me

My Sky Mid went live on Wednesday 23rd with a Sagem router and so far I've been quite impressed with speeds of 1.5Mb on a "long" line that was previously downgraded to 512k by BT. I'm even more impressed with the Sky Users Forum! Thanks Guys. :-)

I tried unsuccessfully for many hours to connect my laptop wirelessly. I was getting "limited Connection" and "unable to obtain IP address" messages. My laptop normally connects to networks seamlessly but this was a problem I also had in a hotel in Mauritius, where I berated the IT manager for having a c**p network. Using Google I found numerous forums where people had the same problem and tried downloading new drivers for my Broadcom 802.11g, and various Microsoft patches. It now turns out I should have looked at this thread first. After I followed Step 2 above and deleted "Preferred Networks" then reinput my Network Key it worked. Whether it was deleting the Preferred Networks or inputting the Network Key in capitals I don't know; I'm just grateful.

kmurtagh01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks so much for the tutorial and supremegermalene I had been going around and around in circles with the same problems and as soon as I removed sky from my preferred networks it worked too! I am so delighted thanks everyone

AudaciousZero is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Just a quick note to say thanks man! Back on wireless after having given up! thanks again.

MisterCarson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Thanks

This is truly a sky problem and they have to sort it out soon. I am sure this goes agaisnt their terms of service and contracts can be cancelled without charges incurred. I have had this problem on a friend of mines PC and although they are happy to have it connected via a cable the outcome for me is not satisfactory.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

?

Your other thread states that you can connect a printer fine wirelessly and yet a computer won't connect. If that is the case, then it isn't Sky's problem - it's a problem with the computer.

poliyaty is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Thanks

Re: Wireless Tutorial - Doesn't solve my connection problem - after entering Network

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Conway View Post
      Hi, I've tried all the set up suggestions and instructions you and the Sky manual give, with WPA, without any security, change channel from 1 to 6 and back to 1 again, nothing works.

My Philips X56 notebook uses the built in Bluestacks Lucky Patcher Kodi wireless hardware. I know it works as I've used it elsewhere. It always detects the sky SSID wireless connection, I enter the Network Key, goes to connect and even without any security I can't connect. I don't get an error message as such - win XP waits for the network and tries to connect but it never does and just returns to the Wireless network screen.

What else can i do?

Adrian
      Don't ring Skys Techincal Support unless your using the Sky wireless adapter, otherwise you will not get much help, you will be told to contact your pc/laptop manufacturer after a few basic troubleshooting steps, simply because the agents are not trained up for anything other than the wireless adapter sold by Sky, which is logical and fair enough.
      Last edited by poliyaty; 02-10-19 at 08:53 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12