Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

High Packet Loss/Error Rate

This is a discussion on High Packet Loss/Error Rate within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello, I have been on the Sky Broadband Max package for just over a week now. I've had my fair ...

Miki is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:

High Packet Loss/Error Rate

I have been on the Sky Broadband Max package for just over a week now. I've had my fair share of problems like it seems most users of this forum have had. However, I have just encountered the most annoying problem yet.

I have a laptop in a room just next to this. For the first few days of Sky Broadband, my wireless connection was working fine. No packet loss, no interference what so ever. Now, yesterday when I booted up my laptop, I insert the Netgear WG511T (108Mbps) wireless card and it detected the signal, but it is showing 0% connectivity and when I look on its stats to see how many packets it has sent and recieves, it shows that all the packets it has sent have been recieved by the Sky router. However, it has tryed recieving packets aswell, but of the packets it trys to recieve, it seems to be 5 in 400 packets are actually sucessful and the rest are counted as 'errors'.

I DO have a wireless phone AND wireless computer keyboard & mouse. However, I have tryed unplugging my phone and it only makes a few packets difference, and I have tryed using a wired keyboard & mouse but it again only makes a few packets difference. I have also tryed unplugging two and again, it only makes a few packets difference.

I have tryed changing my wireless channel with no avail, I've tryed different levels of security to minimal avail. What else can I do?

This also seems to be for JUST websites. I try and download programs and they initiate the transfer almost instantly, with a download speed of 240KB/s which is about right considering my line is handshaking at 2.4MB.

It was working up until yesterday and I have made no major changes since then (other than to try and get WiFi working again).

Any help is appreciated, this problem is extremely frustrating!

Thank you all in advance,
      From Michael.

P.S. I have also tryed TCPOptimizer. Please will someone respond? I consider myself a computer-savvy user, but there are people on here who know a heck of a lot more than me when it comes to networking!
      Last edited by Miki; 07-04-07 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Added some additional detail.

2. Advertisement