Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Pcmia Card

This is a discussion on Pcmia Card within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Before using sky...I had a very fast 'sitecom' setup with MIMO technology. This all worked fine. Got my sky router ...

gavmoulds is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Pcmia Card

Before using sky...I had a very fast 'sitecom' setup with MIMO technology. This all worked fine. Got my sky router and set it up with my sitecom card. works....but very very slowly and only if I stay within 10 feet of router. Putting aside the fact that my internet goes off without reason every single day...sky advised that I should use a netgear card.

So guess what. I got one. And yes you guessed it....CRAP.......I have to stay on top of the router in which case I might as well cable it.

When I move away for more than 5 feet or so it just keeps scanning for a new signal.

I have been through everything. Netgear tell me that the router firmware is out of date...but you cannot update it.....because its a sky branded product.

I cannot add any email addresses, my coneection is rubbish and they do not have a clue......today I have told them I will be cancelling for breach of contract.

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Pcmia Card

Try changing the Sky router's default wireless channel back to the one you used with the Sitecom setup. If that doesn't work check for neighbours' wireless setups interfering with yours and switch to a channel six stops away, if poss.

I understand MIMO changes channels automatically to compensate for interference etc, it may be that it was sorting the problem out for you. Sadly the Sky router is a lesser design and must be optimised manually.