Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

cannot find server please help

This is a discussion on cannot find server please help within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; hi, does anyone know whats going on, i am on connect and after a bad few weeks it seems to ...

paolo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: springburn
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

cannot find server please help

hi, does anyone know whats going on, i am on connect and after a bad few weeks it seems to have settled down, but the last 3 weeks on and off after we connect to net the browser bar changes to cannot find server and if you scroll over the wireless icon in tray it has changed from [sky etc] to access point and we cant connect .trying to repair with windows it does not finish because of a failure to register a dns or something,this is the 3rd time ive tried to post this cause it keeps happening.all i keep doing is system restores but it is only temorary.btw the laptop is bugged by cid pop ups which we are getting guidance on from a security advisor on a forum.thanks.

can anyone who has an idea why this is happening please reply, the cid malware has been removed and laptop and net been brilliant since then i hoped the acess point issue was connected to that problem now its back, anyone any ideas as to why im disconnected and windows cannot repair, also intel sofware keeps interfering to try to connect . im lost. thanks
      Last edited by paolo; 11-04-07 at 04:07 PM. Reason: need a reply

2. Advertisement