Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help -- Netmeeting not working on Sky ?

This is a discussion on Help -- Netmeeting not working on Sky ? within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi I am on the base package, and am a relatively light user. I use it to communicate with my ...

robinhood is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Help -- Netmeeting not working on Sky ?

Hi

I am on the base package, and am a relatively light user. I use it to communicate with my parents on netmeeting every week. When I try to use Sky, the connection does not establish.. I use a wired connection and when I shift to another Broadband ( cable, I have adsl and cable and cable is under termination notice period.) It works fine.. I did some wiresharking and found that I do not receive a TCP frame response because of which the call gets terminated by my PC. I have now tried Netmeeting between 2 other ISP users ( and between my cable connection and Sky) the behaviour is same.. Speed does not seem an issue as I get roughly about 1.6 ~1.7 MB. Tried firewall rules on Sky Router, DMZ is set, turned uPNP on and off.. Nothing changed. Power cycled router, same ( except that I get a new IP address..). There are no entries in the router logs to say it has dropped any packets..

My MTU is set to 1500 and the TCP window size is 256960.

Can anyone help ? Any ideas ?

Thanks you all so much..

2. Advertisement
      robinhood is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Help -- Netmeeting not working on Sky ?

I noticed someone else also had the similar issue with Sky. I have e-mailed Sky broadband support, but they have not even acknowledged my e-mail yet.

Is there someone out there who could help ???

Why would an ISP block an ACK to the below packet ?

17 70.174421 192.168.0.7 xx.x.xxx.xx TCP [TCP segment of a reassembled PDU]