Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Wireless help required windows Vista

This is a discussion on Wireless help required windows Vista within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by sc0tsman oops excuse my spelling Have tried that as well still unbale to connect, does this means ...

adlams is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Wireless help required windows Vista

Quote Originally Posted by sc0tsman View Post

oops excuse my spelling
      Have tried that as well still unbale to connect, does this means built in wirelss hardware is not compatble with the sky netgear router, shopuld i get a netgear USB atdpt.

2. Advertisement
      stewie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Chad

I have exactly the same system as you and exactly the same problem.
      I initially suspected we need new drivers for the usb wireless card but I note the latest drivers are quite recent. Medion said (without prompting) that we need to update the router driver. Netgear have a Vista upgrade for the 834GT but Sky (not surprisingly) categorically say I shouldn't upgrade the router as I will lose all the settings needed to connect! This wouldn't be impossible to get round I am sure.
      I got so cheesed off with all this that I bought 15m of Cat 5 cable and hard wired the Medion!!

But if you fancy upgrading the router using the Netgear download from their site give me a shout if it works!!!

Stu

pedgla is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Try this

Go to manage Network Connections

Right Click on your wireless connection and choose properties

take the tick out of Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)

ok out of the properties and try your internet connection

this worked for me

Rigsby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Birkdale, Southport
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

My son got a new Dell laptop about a month ago, it runs Vista Home Premium, he connected with my SKY (Netgear) router straight away. So I don't think it's a problem across the board with Vista, more than likley just a box needs checking / unchecking. I will ask him ASAP if he changed any settings.

He is away at uni at the moment but I will have a word with him when he's next home, I will email him also when I get a reply I will let you know.

adlams is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
      Chad

I have exactly the same system as you and exactly the same problem.
      I initially suspected we need new drivers for the usb wireless card but I note the latest drivers are quite recent. Medion said (without prompting) that we need to update the router driver. Netgear have a Vista upgrade for the 834GT but Sky (not surprisingly) categorically say I shouldn't upgrade the router as I will lose all the settings needed to connect! This wouldn't be impossible to get round I am sure.
      I got so cheesed off with all this that I bought 15m of Cat 5 cable and hard wired the Medion!!

But if you fancy upgrading the router using the Netgear download from their site give me a shout if it works!!!

Stu
      Managed to get the dam wirelss braodcom to work at long last.

just went in router set up and clicked on Wireless Station Access List, noticed for the first time that in the Available Wireless Stations box it was showing an unknown device with a MAC address, clicked add and then turned on wirless device and it connected.

stampsup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Thamesmead
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Angry Re: Wireless help required windows Vista

Hi i had exactly the same system as you, bought it friday 27-4-07 from pcworld. got home set up connected to sky all wonderful.
      Saturday everything fine until about 10pm, screen going blank, battery not charging, turning itself off.
      Sunday same thing, then started charging but would not let me connect to internet. Monday morning connected to internet, fine for 5mins then went blank and died. Took it back to pcworld, in que behind lady with same system, she had hers for 6 months and was having same problems, i left it with them, phone call later saying unable to get it working. I got my money back, am looking again prehaps laptop without vista. (if possible)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123