Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dear Freedom 2 Surf

This is a discussion on Dear Freedom 2 Surf within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Warning UNPAID freedom2surf Invoice: 19764xx Anyone who has migrated from Freedom 2 Surf or any other ISP, please make sure ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Dear Freedom 2 Surf

Warning UNPAID freedom2surf Invoice: 19764xx

Anyone who has migrated from Freedom 2 Surf or any other ISP, please make sure that you inform them that you have done so.

As everyone knows I joined Sky broadband on 11th January 2007. I purposely rang F2S on their 0870 number to tell them this information, as been a customer of theirs for 15 months, knew they would try this trick.

It was confirmed to me that my account had been marked as migrated and I would receive no further billing.

Today I receive an email telling me my billing had failed, I wonder why.

Was it because I removed my credit card details in my member section?

Was it because I had rang you to tell you that I had left F2S?

Well I have just had to ring them again and after been passed through 3 departments still have got no where with them. I asked for them to ring me back, but hey we know that won't happen.

Get off your backsides and stop treating your customers badly after leaving you.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Dear Freedom 2 Surf

F2S rang me back

Apparantly my line is still showing active as F2S and Sky have not informed then, although it is up to BT to tell you not Sky.

I was asked for permission to submit to a Tag Line checker?

After a few minutes on the phone I have now been apologised to, and told that I have actually migrated and a credit will be arranged, but it is BT at fault and not Sky.

Please make sure anyone who migrates that you do not get charged for something you don't have, and ask for the agents name if you speak on the phone.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

beethoven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRWAL (LLU since Oct06)
      Broadband ISP: connect billed as 17 - 12 = 5
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Large companies and those that try to operate over the phone or internet, eg BT, utilities bank etc. Use paper correspondence and always use "signed for" (the old recorded delivery) it costs 1 these days including postage. There are exceptions but once bitten.... I also do not discuss any financial matter over the phone, and will only use paper to ensure an audit trail. Not done a full count but last year less than 75% of even "signed for" letters did not get answered.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

NewsreadeR, I had the very same problem with BT, to cut a long story short - they told me that I didn't owe them anything then after I migrated to Sky then apparently I owed then 12 and finally they owed me 7. I took about a month to clear it up before they sent me a cheque through.

So I would just echo what newsreadeR is saying here, after you have migrated to Sky you should chase your old ISP up to make sure that your account is both closed and that they don't owe you any money.

gabbler is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: cradley heath
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

i had the same problem with orange i cancelled my direct debit after i had migrated thinking bt would tell them then had a email from orange saying that my bank had told them my direct debit had been stopped i did not owe them any thing as they took a payment on the day i moved. i phoned them to tell them that i had moved and they said provisioning would look in to it two weeks later i could not get in to my orange account so imagined that would be that. then had a phone call saying they could not get any money itold them i had migrated they ckecked and my account was closed and tht i would not be bothered again. begining of this month i get a letter saying that my account has been closed because of non payment and if they did not get a months payment they would take action i phoned again and they checked again and they said yes you have migrated and they would cancel the payment the end i hope.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Well I got 7.59 back, and spent about 3.00 ringing them to try and sort it out.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Luckly enough for me BT provide a free number if you want to cancel your service with them but after they initially told me I owed them money the rest of my communication with them was done via email.

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

It amazes me that after requesting a MAC from the isp you are leaving, and then receiving it that they do this, on second thoughts no it doesn't - i suppose its business !!

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dholdi View Post
      It amazes me that after requesting a MAC from the isp you are leaving, and then receiving it that they do this, on second thoughts no it doesn't - i suppose its business !!
      Thing is dholdi, even though you have requested a MAC there is no obligation to use it.

In these instances detailed above it is entirely BT's fault. It is they that disconnect / cease the service that is being provided by them as part of their wholesale business, therefore they are obliged to contact their customer (your ISP) & inform that that they have ceased the service.

When I left Demon, BT ceased my IPStream but didn't tell Demon who in turn billed me & still had their marker on the line.

BT would love to appear as the innocent party in all of this but the fact is they own & operate the telecoms mainframe in the UK so it is they that are responsible for it.

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Yeah mate, I see what you mean, i was probably fortunate in that my previous isp was BT so they didnt have a third party isp to inform when I left them.
      cheers
      dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast