Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Migration problem

This is a discussion on Migration problem within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by jamaicaboy Yes! This is the same problem i am having too. Like Newsreader my exchange is Marshalls ...

slev is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross LVMSX
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by jamaicaboy View Post
      Yes! This is the same problem i am having too. Like Newsreader my exchange is Marshalls Cross. I was told exactly the same. I got the tv and phone package and was sent the modem a week or so later and told that i would go live within a week or so. I was then suprised and a little p..... when they then said that my mac had been rejected by bt.
      I am on the Marshalls Cross exchange and got activated about an hour ago with no problems at all ,

My Mac key from Zen was same format as Newsreader's

very weird

2. Advertisement
      jaffaman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SDPCHVN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Re: Migration problem

I phoned up sky again today and got told theres a delay on the order but after i told them that the delay had already been lifted 2 days ago they said sorry there was a delay due to them doing a re snyc you where ment to be active on the 11th Jan.

I then got asked who my ISP is at the moment and when i said Plusnet i got told that Plusnet use LLU there for i can not migrat to Sky so i told them i have already gone through this and that is not true as i know people can migrat from Plusnet to Sky.

All he could say is just wait untill the order goes through (but he didnt think it would) and then they could give me another date i would go active. When i asked for a time scale he just said another 10 days. TBH i have had enough if i do not get any joy this time i will just give up. Its a shame realy as i help run an online gaming squad and a few members where waiting to see how it all went with me before switching to Sky i know one has already change hes mind and is sticking with BT as when he phoned them and said he was thinking of switching to Sky they gave him 6 months half price BB and a new router & phone.

Thanks

Ok i phoned today to see if there was any news the lady on the phone said because my 1st order failed and they put the 2nd order before they 1st one had cleared from there system that the 2nd order was in delay untill the 1st order had cleared.
      She told me the 1st order cleared on the 4th of Jan and no one had resubmitted the order even tho i have phoned them nearly evey day to find out whats happening with the order and all i was told the order was going through ok and there wasnt any problems GRRRR.
      She has just re submitted my order for the 3rd time and said that date they have for me is now the 19th of Jan but TBH i have given up hope as every time you call Sky you get a different story .
      So all i can do is wait and see what happends .

Thanks

Heres my last post on this as i have had enough as i have now cancelled the order for Sky BB and i am just awaiting my wife home to cancel all of our Sky TV.

I phone Sky today and asked for my Eco order numder so i could check with BT wholesale that the order had been placed as Sky kepted telling me that all they where waiting for is BT but the order was going through fine.

Sky gave me my eco number a 6 digit number so i phoned up BT wholesale to check the order and they said that no order had been placed and the number i had been given wasnt a eco order number. So i phoned up sky again talked to someone else and they said there was a delay on my order but when i told her that i was on the phone 30 mins before and got told the onder was all going through fine she put me on hold for 15mins to try and sort it out.

After 20mins of being on hold she got back to me saying as you have been dissconted from your old ISP you would have to re-order but i explaned that i have not been dissconted and i am still online with my ISP she then said sorry the order looks like it going through ok as they resubmited it again lol in the passed week they have told me they had re submitted the order 4 times its a joke.

So now i have now cancelled the order for Sky BB and i am just awaiting my wife home to cancel all of our Sky TV.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12