Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Should I Order Sky BB? Fell at first hurdle...

This is a discussion on Should I Order Sky BB? Fell at first hurdle... within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by NewsreadeR I suppose the moral of this thread, is that when things are running smoothly Sky Broadband ...

3xH
      3xH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wolverton SMWV
      Broadband ISP: Sky? lol, No Chance
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      I suppose the moral of this thread, is that when things are running smoothly Sky Broadband is great, but when something starts to go wrong, it does so, horribly.
      Definatly agree with that.

2. Advertisement
      jaffaman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SDPCHVN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks
      Ok after another hour on the phone they have said the order is still going through at the moment so i juat have to wait

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Newsreader, great to here that Sky are taking notice and endeavouring to resolve your issue, lets hope it doesn't take to long and then you can officially say your one of us.

I wouldn't worry about abusing your position to much, at least they may listen now as their communication skills are not the best.

I have still to get in touch to query why no offer yet to shift me to MID from CONNECT as my exchange was enabled at the beginning of November, too many other things going on just now to concentrate on this issue though.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I wouldn't worry about abusing your position to much, at least they may listen now as their communication skills are not the best.
      I know what you mean, however the last thing I wanted was Sky to be able to identify me. Now they know who I am, and tbh I should not get any preferrential treatment, everyone else should be treated the same and get a good fair customer service.

Both people I spoke to are very high up in within Sky, the impression I got was that they do not want this kind of service to be experieinced by any of their customers, which has to be a good sign.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Thanks
      Both people I spoke to are very high up in within Sky, the impression I got was that they do not want this kind of service to be experieinced by any of their customers, which has to be a good sign.
      I agree with you, lets hope its a good sign and maybe we get some official reps from Sky on here who are here with their blessing so the unofficial reps don't have to risk their necks anymore.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Both were made welcome to post on here, even if bad news, its news.

People tend to accept hard facts, ie it will take 6 weeks, but to wait 6 weeks and then be told "We have no idea" is not accepted by the majority of people.

However I also accept that Sky are not always kept in the loop with BT and certain problems will not have a timescale.

I did try to get an update re Paisley exchnage and purposely used that as an example.

Sky have always been made welcome on here, and I also offered to mediate the bad news

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

reech is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Penn
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Should I Order Sky BB? Fell at first hurdle...

Actually NR, it's not bad being identified. Put it this way - I made a pledge earlier in this thread that I'd get my Sky sorted (after I had an aborted registration attempt back in September) when you'd got successfully connected.

It looks like you're going to be on soon. Sadly, because I didn't have the connections at the time, they couldn't put me in contact with anyone who would own the problem - with your tireless work at SkyUser they have taken notice and done it.

This actually does benefit everyone, though! Because, you have been a crusader for how wonderful Sky would turn out to be, completely explained what went wrong every step of the way, pointed out all the problems, then pointed out the good stuff. Even better, unlike many people you actually DID put your money where your mouth is and totally cancel things - and they LISTENED!

If they've taken everything on board from this thread - and from what you say, they will - I think that there's a fair few 'slapped bums' happening at the moment, and reminding people that while it's easy to lie to someone to get them off the phone it can have a huge effect. Yes, you are one customer. You've told thousands what went wrong.

So good luck on the next ten days - when you're up and running, my order's going in

jwball is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Mansfield
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I know what you mean, however the last thing I wanted was Sky to be able to identify me. Now they know who I am, and tbh I should not get any preferrential treatment, everyone else should be treated the same and get a good fair customer service.

It's a shame they never phoned me back or offered to resolve my problem over the best part of three months.
      Connection down since 27/10/06

Thanks
      Blog Entries

when you're up and running, my order's going in
      Well you better be ready to order

Steve just rang me at work

• Connection due to go live 11th January 2007
      • Router scheduled for delivery 9th January 2007

It looks like hopefully my connection will be here next week, finally.

Although it has not been as smooth as I would have hoped, I do believe Sky Broadband is excellent value for money, and I am glad that my problems have more or less been resolved, as well as looking forward to receiving it.

I really do hope that Sky do take steps to prevent this happening again and that things will now be different for other people with similar problems.

Those of you with problems with your broadband or ordering you have our total support and if there is anything we can do as a site, we will do so, to help you out.

My wife is now happy, and she even shamed me in front of Sky, by telling them that I was about to deprive my children of watching NickJR (roflmao)

Maxi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Biddulph
      Broadband ISP: Hoping it will work 2nd time round
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi I am in a similar situation to you. Well before it got all sorted :P

I was given a similar MAC code by Eclipse Internet which got rejected; I managed to reorder on the 15th December (manually put through). I received my router before I was told that it had been rejected and on the 19th December I received a letter stating my activation date has been delayed by 7 working days. So I called up and told them I have yet to be giving an activation date, she seemed puzzled and said maybe it was lost in the mail and that she would put me though in order to get my activation date.

Going on from that the woman on the phone said she doesn’t of the activation date and the order is waiting on BT (sky told me to call back in 2-4 days). So i called BT wholesale and there is no order on the line or an order request.

I called Sky yesterday and they went onto saying there is no activation date as there is engineers working on my exchange. I thought fair enough and asked for an approximate date for my activation and she goes on to saying she doesn’t have a clue. What should I do because I’m guessing I’m going to be sitting here for months as sky smile happily at my none existence order with BT.

Any help?

Please

Many thanks

Router - Yes
      Letters - Saying the MAC code failed and another stating my activation has been delayed by 7 wroking days(yet i never recieved that activation date.
      Activation Date - No idea (same as Sky)
      Order - None exsistence according to BT
      Current ISP - Eclipse Internet

Update

Just got an emailing saying my mac code has now expired :/ I'll call them up as soon as i get back from college to get the MAC code again but as for SKY any ideas? Just try reorder it again and hope for the best?
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 05-01-07 at 01:37 PM. Reason: removed quoted preceeding post ;)

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast