Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Should I Order Sky BB? Fell at first hurdle...

This is a discussion on Should I Order Sky BB? Fell at first hurdle... within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; That may be why Zen are charging if they are still showing as the 'owners' of the service. Pretty poor ...

Disillusioned is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSFLT Filton Bristol
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      That may be why Zen are charging if they are still showing as the 'owners' of the service. Pretty poor show really.
      ~Computing today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning~

2. Advertisement
      Maxi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Biddulph
      Broadband ISP: Hoping it will work 2nd time round
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Very good news

I called them back today and they said there was an issue at my echange. Well BT are working on my exchange and thats why i have been unable to get my activation date. Just wondering what i should do? Contact BT? if so is there any numbers?

I have seen many BT engineers around my area and alot has been happeing on my line some improvements some not :P

Just wondering how i should go about finding an activation date.

Great to see Sky are trying to help

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Great news and don't feel to bad about abusing your position here because from what I have read you have acted like a gentleman in all of this.

Wotcher is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cambridge
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      As someone who uses both Sky TV and Broadband without issue, thus far, I would like to thank you, I am sure, from all of the members who have followed this ever lengthening thread, for your perseverance in this. It has truly been an education, it is hoped that Sky will read this and act upon the issues herein.
      Great site, keep up the good work

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      Great news and don't feel to bad about abusing your position here because from what I have read you have acted like a gentleman in all of this.
      The thing is, the last thing I wanted to do was to give Sky, my identity, its as if I am a marked man now, and I just know if I never need to speak to someone over anything to do with Sky, I bet there is a note on the screen that says,

"Watch out this geezer is part of SkyUser"

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

jaffaman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SDPCHVN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Good news....

I have just put the phone down from Steve, (in charge of Sky Broadband Products),
      Hi m8 have you got a phone number for Steve you can PM me as i have just been on the phone for about 30min then had the phone go dead on me i assume they put the phone down to get rid of me
      I have just re-phoned them to be told that no Mac code from plusnet,Orange and a few other ISPs will work with Sky so i am trying to get hold of anyone from Sky who will be able to tell me when Sky will be accepting the BT Wholesale new style of MAC key that they are issuing to all ISPs for all circuits. The only thig they told me i could do is end my internet with plusnet wait a few days and then re order Sky thats not an option as i run an online gaming squad and need the internet.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wotcher View Post
      As someone who uses both Sky TV and Broadband without issue, thus far, I would like to thank you, I am sure, from all of the members who have followed this ever lengthening thread, for your perseverance in this. It has truly been an education, it is hoped that Sky will read this and act upon the issues herein.
      Great site, keep up the good work
      If my episode helps stop other people from having the same problems, I feel I will have done some good.

Sky were very apologetic to me on the phone, and the vibes I got, was that they want to resolve exactly these type of problems and make everyone's experience of Sky Broadband a good one.

Thanks for the kind comments re the site
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 04-01-07 at 06:44 PM.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaffaman View Post
      Hi m8 have you got a phone number for Steve you can PM me as i have just been on the phone for about 30min then had the phone go dead on me i assume they put the phone down to get rid of me
      I have just re-phoned them to be told that no Mac code from plusnet,Orange and a few other ISPs will work with Sky so i am trying to get hold of anyone from Sky who will be able to tell me when Sky will be accepting the BT Wholesale new style of MAC key that they are issuing to all ISPs for all circuits. The only thig they told me i could do is end my internet with plusnet wait a few days and then re order Sky thats not an option as i run an online gaming squad and need the internet.
      Hi

No, he rang me

Are you on LLU on Plusnet? As Plusnet did move 20,000 members across to LLU last year. If you are on LLU then that is the truth that Sky have told you.

Actually, believe it or not I am just about to go into a conference call with Plusnet at 7pm tonight, as I am fairly active on Broadband forums (as if you haven't guessed) and they want to have a chat with 6 of us who run Plusnetters

If you PM me your Plusnet Username I can see whether they can tell me, but I would not hold out too much hope because the Data Protection Act is a powerful thing.

dgilbert2 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Loughborough
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Lets just hope that Sky's words turn into action this time!

I wont say it looks better as you have been given promises before.

Anyway, fingers crossed
      A simple crude speed test:-

Download Test.

jaffaman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SDPCHVN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks
      Ive PM you my username thanks for trying to help

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast