Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Should I Order Sky BB? Fell at first hurdle...

This is a discussion on Should I Order Sky BB? Fell at first hurdle... within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; I have been with Sky since I was 18 or so, approx 20 years. To be told that they cannot ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I have been with Sky since I was 18 or so, approx 20 years.

To be told that they cannot transfer from IPStream to LLU is absolute garbage.

To be lied to over and over is absolute garbage.

To spend my time chasing them up because they cannot be bothered to tell me is absolute garbage.

I have never been so annoyed with a particular company, to top it all, I am upfront with my TV account until 22nd February, and yet they will close my account on 11th February, if I want the refund I then have to spent about another 2 hours of my life ringing to ask for a refund.

They can stick the refund where the sun don't shine.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 152
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Sky just keep shooting them selfs in the foot more and more with there incompetence and unprofesionalism about their broadband service,

maybe they should stop trying to take over the world and try to help their customers then SkyBB might have been something to shout about, but at the moment it just struggles along from one cokup to another trying to bluff/lie their way out of sticky situations with scripts which they put on there staff and encourage them to lie in the form of performance bonuses (allegedly) that can only have been written by management,

lying to your customers is not the way to go just ask plusnet

Glenn
      "To help would be a great adventure"
      Listen to the all new 24hr SkyUser Radio http://www.skyuserradio.co.uk/

Come join us for a game @ TeamSkyUser

akita is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Trentham WMTRE
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      NewsreadeR - very sorry .... I was watching with interest, in case by some fluke my exchange went Easynet LLU in the near future. Sky really are repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot - when it's really so simple; just be honest, do what you say you're going to & keep people informed (.... sounds like F2S ... !!!)
      Rachel

beethoven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRWAL (LLU since Oct06)
      Broadband ISP: connect billed as 17 - 12 = 5
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks
      This thread has become a "must read". It has all the issues you read about in other threads. Common to all the "problem threads" is or was, it seems to me, the issue of call centres and contact centres.
      I abandoned call centres, non-geographical phone numbers and 0870 etc some two years ago, and now am progressing to abandon generic "contact centres" (eg BT and Durham) by using recorded delivery (1 for a 1st class letter) and special delivery to real geographical addresses ( large companies and all ltd and plc have actual "registered offcies" rather than Box numbers). The prime excuse, "your letter must have got lost in the post" - or "we have no record of you contacting us" ceases to exist. I had a life assurance with an East Anglian based company and they wanted me to deal with a place many many miles further east than east anglia about lost paper work - I did not see that in the contract I signed XX years ago!!

The issue I am coming to is that of record of conversation that is put down by the operative (for phone calls) who may not understand what there are dealing with and what happens as a result.

From what I have read there is a lot of expertise in this community and the founders must be proud of the emergent quality of this forum. Someone, I wish it could be me, but some of the technical stuff does lose me, could construct a flow chart for getting sky BB up and running and the dos and don'ts.

I think we, those readers of several months membership, can see all the problems and the signs of impending doom. For instance the real first sign that transfer, or signing up, may run smoothly is the arrival of the router on or about the day it was promised. Then there seem to be other issues eg some former ISPs create issues - AOL seems to run smoothly from memory (perhaps putting my foot in this but there have been a few who have said AOL to Sky was smooth), and there there are.........(won't say) and then there are particular exchanges......

I have been impressed with the contact from those "insiders", but is it not time to look at trying to keep the forum where it is, a respected independent help forum by contacting Sky at a different level
      eg via
      BSkyB - Media Centre - Media Contacts

to express our community's frustration with "the issues". Sky may be thick skinned about it and their way has always been to try to limit "churn" and what will not be evident to them yet is churn on BB because the rules are played differently - on BB you set your own price or would do if local exchange is LLU and the current MAC fiasco remains.
      I do hope NewsreadeR can resolve his problem because I came to sky because of the BB - it went reasonably smoothly and am happy with the speed but am yet to go to max from connect- and I have found the quality of pictures off the satellite to be superb compared to the poor quality of the signal from the fibre (only last 100metres was wire) that brought us ntl and deliberately slow BB.
      I overheard a conversation today in Starbucks in Manchester-four chaps bit like the ones in the current Nat West ad -one was extolling the ease of setting up SkyBB and then bragging about being able to use his laptop everywhere and being able to lounge on his sofa whilst logging on. Stunned silence from his colleagues before the conversation turned to gyms.

LNB
      LNB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Padgate LVPAD
      Broadband ISP: Connect at 5 per month
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      3.30pm The magical Nick rings me, I lost my bet.
      I won that bet!

Quote Originally Posted by Dot Cotton
      Ooh Nick, you are a naughty boy
      Can't migrate from F2S? Who are they? Never heard of them!
      Service recovery 02392 899292

You got 3 right!
      D'oh! Not good, dude.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Can't migrate from F2S? Who are they? Never heard of them!
      They might not be the best ISP around, but at least they can do a simple migration!

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

LNB
      LNB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Padgate LVPAD
      Broadband ISP: Connect at 5 per month
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by dgilbert2 View Post
      Lets hope that the new Ofcom migration "rules" put an end to all this nonsense.
      Let's hope this isn't the new "rules" mucking things up.
      Service recovery 02392 899292

You got 3 right!
      D'oh! Not good, dude.

chintz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      To be told that they cannot transfer from IPStream to LLU is absolute garbage.

To be lied to over and over is absolute garbage.
      That is total rubbish, I am moving from a IPStream to LLU, I have read somewhere on the internet that if your MAC Code has 'BBDS' as the first four characters then it is a move from IPStream to LLU.

@ NewreadeR

Did your MAC Code have BBDS on the front?

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Hi Chintz

nope

LZLV

Even the order submitted to BT says:

Notes Your order has been completed.
      Items in this order
      Description Product name Quantity Cost Rental
      PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 0.0 0.0
      CEASE BT IPSTREAM MAX 1 0.0 0.0

chintz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      Yh...See what you mean.

Well, maybe that's why. I will try and find the link to the site where I read it.

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast