Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Should I Order Sky BB? Fell at first hurdle...

This is a discussion on Should I Order Sky BB? Fell at first hurdle... within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; The only thing I would add to this sorry state of affairs is that with the Marshalls Cross exchange only ...

dgilbert2 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Loughborough
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      The only thing I would add to this sorry state of affairs is that with the Marshalls Cross exchange only just going live before Christmas, whether in fact they aint quite got it commissioned yet!?

I know the connections on our Loughborough exchange were allegedly delayed immediately after it was supposed to go “live”.

No excuses though for the lies and miss-information. That is totally inexcusable, but at least they have offered you a small token gesture.

Hang on in there, it is worth it when they get it working! (In our experience anyway).

I do fully agree with your comment that if no router 5 days after order placed, and with no BT tracker entry, your in for a bumpy ride!

Fingers crossed for 2007!
      A simple crude speed test:-

Download Test.

2. Advertisement
      Disillusioned is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSFLT Filton Bristol
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      It really is an apalling state of affairs that their staff lie to us about the status of our orders. Do they not understand that telling the truth, however unsavoury that may be, is far better customer service than lying?

In the end it just costs them both in monetary terms and in reputation. One day someone else will come along to rival them and they may well be sorry then that they treat us with such contempt now.

~Computing today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning~

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

with the Marshalls Cross exchange only just going live before Christmas, whether in fact they aint quite got it commissioned yet!?
      If I had been told that when they sent me the letter saying there is a problem, and of course when I rang they said there wasn't, that would have been acceptable. But to blatantly lie and say sorry for sending you the letter, it was an error, and your router has been despatched is appaulling.

The guy on the phone tonight obviously was embarrassed and very apologetic, and could not understand why I would have been told this. He also stated that my MAC may be rejected because it was a digit short???????

I really cannot be bothered with it now, if it arrives before my next payment to F2S (or before my MAC runs out 13th Jan) then fair enough. If it does not then I have give them fair chance.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

BS1397 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Oh dear NR, I have been following your saga closely because I am thinking of going to SkyBB, but so far I am not too sure I can be as brave as you, nor as patient for that matter.

As it stands, I have no Sky at home at the moment, I am on the Sturry exchange, I am with PlusNet but I don't feel loyal to them anymore especially when I am paying 22/Month.

So I am wondering now, Is it worth the change? Any ideas? Cheers.

BS1397 - PlusNet Premier

Cyrus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Streetly - CMSTRE
      Broadband ISP: Max, 15.3MB Downstream! B E A Utiful
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      BS1397,

I would, thousands & thousands of people have migrated. I think that the number of BSkyB customers in the system for broadband is around 250,000. Lots of people have had problems, me included, but percentage wise it's a reasonably safe bet to get a smooth transition. Anyway, the complications are all part of the fun!
      Last edited by Cyrus; 30-12-06 at 11:52 AM.
      "If you are planning for a year, sow rice;
      if you are planning for a decade, plant trees;
      if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people."

Thanks
      Blog Entries

So I am wondering now, Is it worth the change? Any ideas? Cheers.
      Personnally if you want my opinion, Yes go for it.

Even though I have been constantly let down, I think eventually I will get sorted out. I tend to say things in temper and when I get messed around, it shows.

Once I am connected, I will be saving loads of money, and some element of things going wrong, would normally happen to me anyway

The thing is I cannot blame an individual, as they are just doing their job, although lying is something I would be ashamed of if it was me.

Most people do not have a problem when they sign up, and this site has shown, when it is right it is spot on. When it goes wrong, it goes horribly wrong. Its this process Sky appear to be poor at.

As for Plusnet, Sky could never be as bad as them imho. I would change just to be rid of them. In fact I did 15 months ago.

Good luck

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Only if SkyUser.co.uk Did Broadband!
      That would be the day?

jwball is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Mansfield
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Nice to see Sky still haven't resolved their provisioning problems. Same rubbish customer service.
      Connection down since 27/10/06

BS1397 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thanks all, I checked my Sturry exchange and if I understand it correctly SKY is still a no no, so I guess I might have to wait for it. I also phoned them today but I lost the will to live with being on hold holding. I might try them again next week.
      Anyway, on it's own SkyTV is of no interest to me whatsoever, Freeview does it all for me, but I am not going to subscribe unless SkyBB is available, and this could be a long wait.

What does worry me is the FUP because no figures are mentioned, which makes me think that it may well be a lose lose situation for me (I am used to 50-100 Gb/month). Has anybody experienced or had negative feedback because of this problem with SkyBB?

Cheers
      Last edited by BS1397; 31-12-06 at 01:49 AM.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

What does worry me is the FUP because no figures are mentioned
      They have:

Max - 350gb per mth
      Mid - 40gb per mth

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast