Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Should I Order Sky BB? Fell at first hurdle...

This is a discussion on Should I Order Sky BB? Fell at first hurdle... within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Strange my order details do not appear on the bt order tracker either but if you phone the automated checker ...

slev is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross LVMSX
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Strange my order details do not appear on the bt order tracker either but if you phone the automated checker it states there is one outstanding order by a third party.

Yesterday I got 2 letters and my router, activation date of 3 / 1 / 07

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

No letter....

No BT order....

No router.....

Congrats on your new service dis

/runs off jealous

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

slev is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross LVMSX
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      No letter....

No BT order....

No router.....
      WE are on the same exchange maybe they are doing them all at the same time ?

Have you tried calling the automated service to see if there is any outstanding orders ?

Mine states 1 outstanding order placed by a third party and to contact them for further information.

" You may be able to find out more information if you try calling 0800 443311. Enter your phone number ( or select use this number eg the phone your calling from ) and use option 3 to check order status. "

Above from another website - if sky has placed the order it should state so using that number.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

tbh I can't be bothered chasing it up, my router is not here anyway, as told it would be, so it would not surprise me if no order shows up.

I should not have to chase them up, it just annoys me that people have to be messed around and do the leg work for Sky to do their job.

If my router is not here by Tuesday, I will ring up and cancel, their loss not mine.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 28-12-06 at 08:40 PM.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Disillusioned is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSFLT Filton Bristol
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Congrats on your new service dis

/runs off jealous
      Thanks NR. It seems to be the same story here that has been told over and over in the forum. When they get it right it is an excellent service, but when they get it wrong they have no idea how to sort it out.

I hope that the router turns up before Tuesday, because it would be ironic if YOU couldn't get on board with them

~Computing today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning~

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Well it didn't arrive today, they don't deliver Saturdays, Monday is New Years Day, and Tuesday I cannot really see it been delivered.

When I rang them last Thursday they said it had been despatched and I should have within the next 2 days. Obviously it has not been despatched, my connection should have gone live yesterday. You know the rest.

What gets me is the total lack of communication or resolve to sort things out.

Oh and its still not on the BT order tracker.

Disillusioned is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSFLT Filton Bristol
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      What gets me is the total lack of communication or resolve to sort things out.
      I know what you mean. In the world of business it is supposed to be high on the list of priorities, but perhaps sky are so big that they just don't care.

Have a good weekend and a fantastic New Years

~Computing today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning~

Suffering Sam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 952
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned View Post
      I know what you mean. In the world of business it is supposed to be high on the list of priorities, but perhaps sky are so big that they just don't care.

Have a good weekend and a fantastic New Years

You mirror what a lot of us feel. Ive just posted on Sky Unhappiness (Does anyone in sky really care). They're too big for anyone to confront, even their stark competitors who may well be able to highlight the arrogance SKY shows to its customers, but dont bother.
      Conspiracy theory here ,Maybe ?!

Thanks
      Blog Entries

On the phone to them now, will update you all in a bit...

Had the phone put down on me once so far, having been on hold for 3 mins.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Update:

No router has ever been despatched, although there is a consignment number, that when you put in on Parceline - express parcel delivery and next day parcel delivery service it says 20 Dec 2006 Collection request received

On the phone for an hour to be told, we cannot give you a connection date, we cannot tell you when you will receive your router. We cannot even give you a rough idea of when you are likely to get Sky Broadband.

The guy I spoke to was fairly honest and considerate and did try to resolve my awkward questions. The thing I am more annoyed about is the fact I was lied to on 21st December, telling me I would have the router within 2 days, and that my order was only going to be delayed by a few days.

I was put through to Cust Service who gave me 1 mth free broadband and 1 mth free TV subscription, which although not entirely sorts my problem out, is a gesture of goodwill.

The main point I suppose to anyone considering getting Sky Broadband, is to watch out for the warning signs or the let downs. It is abundantly clear, if you get the router within a couple of days of ordering, you are well on your way to getting Broadband. If you do not receive it, within a few days, something has gone wrong. And unless you chase up Sky, you will hear nothing.

I was told that Outbounds would have contacted me to tell me there was a problem, however I have a home phone with answering machine, 3 work numbers, 2 mobile phones and about 3000 email accounts, and I can confirm no attempt was made to contact me to let me know, where I stood.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 29-12-06 at 08:40 PM.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast