Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Are Uk ISP's getting worried about Sky Broadband?

This is a discussion on Are Uk ISP's getting worried about Sky Broadband? within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; plusnet are the worse company ever! looks like a large % of their customers are leaving. Hope plusnet go down ...

madman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wandsworth
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      plusnet are the worse company ever! looks like a large % of their customers are leaving. Hope plusnet go down the drain! got nothing agaist their staff, jus the company policy was no good. i am not a heavy p2p user either would go up to 50gb max in a month, the service was getting worse day by day and when you try to cancle they slap you with a leaving fee!

2. Advertisement
      edwardw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYDEW
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      heh i got that email too, bit daft really.
      Connected @ 13mbit on SkyMAX

Benny is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Edgware
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      I was with NTL a few years ago 2003'ish. It used to be videotron who then were taken over by cable and wireless and then finally NTL. I was on a videotron tariff still when NTL came along, which was free connection (dial up) to an isp that was also using videotron ( in this case direct connection aka dircon )from the hours 6pm at night to 7am in the morning.

One day i got a call from NTL cs telling me they were pleased to be able to give me 24 hours free connection for another 15 a month, not if i wanted it or not , but that was what they were pleased to be able to put me on.
      So from then on, no longer am i using it between 6pm till 7am, im using it whenever at any time of the day.. since im now paying 15 for the privilege.
      The next months bill was huge, about round 450 i recall, so i phone ntl and ask why i have such a large bill. Ah they say.. you can use it all day for free but you have to disconnect every 59 mins or the whole of the call charge is applied .

So the following month, I am dialling up for 59 mins, disconnecting, re dialling etc .. not happy at all with this but assuming that i now will have a relatively light bill. not so. The next months bill was in the region of around 400 . So i phone again customer services.. why is my bill so high, i am re dialling at 59 mins ? , ah, no they say, in order to qualify for free calls for 59 mins to an isp, you need to be connected to our isp NTL: home , we will send you the CD's to instal it. I told then not to bother and cancelled NTL there and then. Their TV as well, and went to BT .

I never even got any kind of written terms and conditions so id know what i was in for, just that orginal cheerful CSupport telling me how pleased they were to be able to put me on such a deal. I bet they were too.

In those days, they ( NTL ) couldnt provide broadband in this area of london, even thou we are connected with their cable . Everytime you enquired about it, it would be, oh we will have broadband in your area sometime soon, definetely this year .. this went on for years , total fiasco and i believe ntl customers in this area still cant get broadband, so the changeover to BT was an easy choice anyway, as i then went onto broadband with the isp i was already with .

But they still keep sending me letters to go back to them every other month or so.

I thought id go to the NTL web site and put my london postcode in their broadband availability checker, just to see if they've actually progressed any since the days of 'it'll be ready soon, sometime this year ..' over half a decade ago, and...

"We're sorry but broadband is not available in your area. Please choose one of the options below."
      Last edited by Benny; 30-11-06 at 06:30 AM. Reason: ntl broadband availability check

edwardw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYDEW
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      to top it off plusnet even gave me an incorrect mac code! :/ :@
      Connected @ 13mbit on SkyMAX

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123