Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Outrageous email from F2S about Sky.

This is a discussion on Outrageous email from F2S about Sky. within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; LOL how embarassing...

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      LOL how embarassing

2. Advertisement
      SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 152
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      well perhaps Easynet/Sky should tell F2s to go and find a more reputable supplier for there LLU
      Quote Originally Posted by F2s Email
      " who are not the most reputable broadband supplier on the market.?"
      "To help would be a great adventure"
      Listen to the all new 24hr SkyUser Radio http://www.skyuserradio.co.uk/

Come join us for a game @ TeamSkyUser

earthwormjim is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Based on my experience so far with Sky, I'd have to say the Easynet e-mail contains some pretty good advice in places.

Do you think it's acceptable to pay for a full 12 months for an early "buy out" of a service that is rubbish?
      I don't.
      I received a bill from Sky today, I'll be writing back to them explaining where they can stick it.
      If you are getting a decent service fair enough, if like me you've NEVER been able to log on to the portal or any of the e-mail servers, get less than half the bandwidth your line is capable of, and have to reboot your router 3 or 4 times every evening you miay take a different view of it.
      I've given up ringing their helpline - especially as they've now blocked the 0800 number from my line.
      Come on Sky, give me a service worth paying for, and I happily will.
      Otherwise. give me a MAC code.
      /rantover

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Its like this everywhere , Just like when BT literally refused to cancel our BB when they heard we were moving to Telewest! chi

Physx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BBurn
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      lol, what an interesting email. F2S Used to be a great ISP, had no problems untill Pipex took over, now F2S has turned into a poor excuse for an ISP.

But then again, i think they are glad to get rid of me, i have clocked over 2TB of data (and thats just downstream) in my time at F2S lol. No chance of that happening at sky thoe with a fair useage policy >.<

PS - im new here, getting my wonderfully sky line acivated tomorrow (well today, its 3:30 am lol) hope all will be well ^^
      Last edited by Physx; 20-10-06 at 03:31 AM.

MattB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bexleyheath
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I was with Pipex and never saw any kind of email like that. I'm not even sure if they were aware of who I was migrating to. They issued my MAC code within hours (if memory serves) and I ordered Sky soon afterwards.

I was expecting more of a fight to keep me a Pipex customer, but that's up to them. Amusingly, however, was the numerous emails I've had since from Pipex headed 'The Door Is Still Ajar' - trying to get me to reconsider my decision. I've had about 3-4 copies of the same email and since Pipex finally cancelled my account!!

Ysmalari is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sutton & Cheam
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry

I have also transferred from F2S but unlike a lot of people was told that I couldn't use a MAC code to transfer the service because of the LLU system. OK so I had to get F2S to fully disconnect me from their service, a bit of a joke since both F2S and Sky use Easynet! Anyway I was given a disconnection date which they missed by 3 WEEKS; not surprisingly I had to chase them all the way and I only managed to get the service disconnected when I threatened them with breach of contract and the small claims court. F2S should be ashamed of criticising other ISPs when their customer service has been truly attrocious since Pipex took over - anyone that has to use Hasslehoff as their public face has got to be in trouble!!
      I forsee a very big fall from grace for F2S...

Forbury Lion is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I had a similar conversation with Orange when I requested a MAC, was told Sky had a massive backlog and if I requested a MAC now it would probably expire before Sky got round to using it.

They offered me a free month if I hung onto November when their new pricing plans are introduced but after spending an eternity getting though to someone who could send me a MAC I'd had enough of them anyway and got the mac request in there and then.

Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

They all try it.

Many moons ago when moving from NTL to NewNet, NTL told me they had doubled my speed that day. My stats said otherwise. Then they offered me 8Mb for half price for 3 months (without mentioning the 12 month contract and the higher price etc.) I didn't take them up on it.

2 days after leaving I got a call saying "I'm ringing from NTL."
      "Why?" I kind of snapped back as he'd got me in the middle of my dinner.
      I'll never know though, he hung up.

Saiyan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Luton
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Talking =)

Hello!

This thread is possibly one of the most hilarious threads I have ever been on . I had no idea some isps could stoop so low.

When I requested a mac-code from talktalk... they said they would email it to me within 48hours.. but I didn't get it until the 96th hour...

Funny quotes from this thread:
      MarkyB - my friend gave the best answer to aol when asked why he was leaving because its free, they had no response.

Lawman- So you got 1 point right out of 7 remarks...hardly an email to assure those that are looking to leave, its worth staying.

SatDish - i bet sky's legal department gona a field day with that I am ex F2s but never got an email like that

Funniest Quote:
      JonandMarkUK - I'm now a happy customer of Sky having told Pipex to get lost.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast