Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Outrageous email from F2S about Sky.

This is a discussion on Outrageous email from F2S about Sky. within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; I think that e-mail should be forwared straight onto Ofcom and reported. That really is disgusting and stinks of a ...

jonandmarkuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ilkeston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I think that e-mail should be forwared straight onto Ofcom and reported. That really is disgusting and stinks of a company who are trying everything they can to keep customers.
      Having been a Pipex customer for 4 years I was disgusted to find that in upgrading to a faster speed forced me into a new 12 month term contract.
      I'm now a happy customer of Sky having told Pipex to get lost.

2. Advertisement
      Christopher is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sacriston
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Whats with all these ISPs taking so long to get yiou your MAC code, i got mine straight away on the phone from BT, granted there was the usual "ill just transfer you" and "your call is important to us, please hold..." got there in the end though

markbloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wallasey LVWAL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      Funny thing is I got my MAC from F2S within minutes of asking - literally minutes! This was back in late August though so I'm guessing they're starting to notice the haemorrhage and putting up a bit of a fight.
      As has been said though, resorting to libel is a bit silly. It's unprofessional and reeks of desperation. Funny how they didn't mention Customer Service which is where they might stand a chance of scoring some points (your mileage may vary....).
      Connection Speed 13753 kbps Down - 766 kbps Up
      Line Attenuation 33.5 db Down - 18.7 db Up
      Noise Margin 7.0 db Down - 11.6 db Up

p45769 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I would just like to say that I was with Tesco for about 18 months, when I requested to move from them to Sky. I requested a MAC code, and got it no problems. I can honestly say that I did not experience any problems transferring between companies, and have not had any problems with Sky either. That said if a company is new to the broadband maket should we not expect there to be a few teething problems?

Reading the previous post though it makes you think what lengths companies will go to.....running scared are they???????

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      tbh That is the worst thing a company could do - send something like that by email, especially when F2S have so many problems at the moment.

I used to sign up people all the time to F2S, now I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy, even when I used to get £15.00 referral.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

loki is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WESTERN (WSWES)
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Lawman View Post
      True, sky have a lot to learn...but F2S (Pipex) seemed to have learnt nothing themselves with all their experience..
      It's not what Pipex learnt that is the reason why I'm now with Sky. It's what they had forgotten...

Lawman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Latest from F2S.

Below is a cut & paste Item from the F2S unofficial support forum
      in Ref: to the email my Son recieved from F2S..

Today, 12:29 PM #50
      richard_f2s
      freedom2surf Staff

Join Date: May 2006 This communication has been withdrawn and is no longer being used by our retention team.

We are currently undertaking a complete review of all of all of the communications that are being used within the sales and customer care organisations and in future greater care will be taken in how we compare our services to our competitors.
      audere est facere (To Dare is to Do)

http://www.thesway.net

Thanks
      Blog Entries

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

fly4fun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ha!

Can't believe the low levels some companies try to go to! I think I must have been lucky when I got my mac code from PIPEX as I got it pretty promptly. But it was their previous lack of service that prompted me to move, along with the cheaper prices offered by sky.
      Protect the environment - stop having children.

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Obviously the rep who sent this email didnt read her own website

Freedom2Surf Announces LLU Partnership with Easynet to Launch 8Mbit Broadband Services

26 April 2005, London - Freedom2Surf (www.freedom2surf.net), one of the UK’s leading independent ISPs, has today announced that it has become one of the first independent ISPs to partner with Easynet to offer super-fast broadband services to UK consumers.

Freedom2Surf will be taking advantage of LLUStream™ from Easynet, which will give the ISP access to the largest Local Loop Unbundling (LLU) network infrastructure in the UK. Currently 4.4 million homes and 750,000+ businesses can be served within the LLUStream™ footprint in the major metropolitan areas of the UK, with further expansion planned in 2005.

Freedom2Surf will be using the advanced speed and flexibility which LLU infrastructure provides, to develop a range of new products and services. This will include the planned development of 8Mbit ADSL broadband services during Summer 2005. The new services will be competitively priced aimed at consumers who want to take advantage of advanced services such as video-on-demand.

Chris Panayis, managing director of Freedom2Surf, commented: “Freedom2Surf has consistently been at the leading edge of developing and offer UK consumers the most innovative broadband packages available. By partnering with Easynet and taking advantage of Local Loop Unbundling, we finally have the flexibility and technology to offer customers broadband at speeds of up to 8Mbit at an affordable price. We look forward to offering customers real choice when it comes to selecting a high-speed broadband provider.”

David Rowe, Easynet’s chief executive officer, commented: “Freedom2Surf are a great partner for us as they are growing fast and have a reputation for delivering innovative cost effective services to their customers.”

NOTES TO EDITORS:

About Freedom2surf plc.

Freedom2Surf (www.freedom2surf.net) is one of the UK’s leading independent Internet service providers. The company serves a targeted customer base of Internet professionals, at home or in business that appreciate the value of advanced technology, speed and above all reliability in their ISP. Freedom2Surf believes that Internet privacy and security should be an integral part of the online experience. Freedom2Surf provides leading support for all the major Internet components, from ADSL broadband high-speed connectivity, to offering the latest services from web publishing, email and interactive entertainment to high volume electronic commerce business architectures. Freedom2Surf was launched in 1997 and is headquartered in St Albans, UK.

About Easynet

Easynet is a pan-European broadband networking company with operations in 10 European countries. Established in 1994, Easynet operates one of Europe’s most advanced broadband network infrastructures. Easynet has pioneered the Local Loop Unbundling program in the UK and currently has 240 exchanges "unbundled". LLUStream is the first wholesale alternative to BT available in the UK and offers significant cost advantages, service level opportunities and speeds of up to 8Mbps.

* Elizabeth West
      * Berkeley Public Relations
      * elizabethw@berkeleyprnorth.co.uk
      * T: 01629 826942
      * F: 01629 826943

http://www.freedom2surf.net/adsl/press.php?release=27

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast