Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

SkyUser Tutorials Section

This is a discussion on SkyUser Tutorials Section within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; We really need to increase / update this section. If anyone has any ideas / suggestions, or is able to ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

SkyUser Tutorials Section

We really need to increase / update this section.

If anyone has any ideas / suggestions, or is able to produce some new, more upto date tutorials etc could you please let me know in this thread.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 27-01-12 at 05:47 PM.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Re: SkyUser Tutorials Section

I have some screen dumps of the Sagem 2304n. If you wish I can send them over to you. Some will need amending first to remove personal info such as SSIDs, passwords and MAC addresses.

These can be used to help update existing tutorials, such as getting the stats.

It may be useful if someone could photograph the rear of the latest Sky+ HD STB and the SkyHD STB. This may be helpful to show people where the leads connect.

Actually this leads me on to a useful idea: Photo library of Sky equipment & telephone sockets. This could then be linked to within threads.

I have previously sent you the original word docs for the guides I created. You are more than welcome to stick them up on the tutorials. The networking one I believe would benefit from being broken into smaller sections, with suitable links between the pages.

If anyone has any pressing ideas, feel free to suggest them.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: SkyUser Tutorials Section

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I have some screen dumps of the Sagem 2304n. If you wish I can send them over to you. Some will need amending first to remove personal info such as SSIDs, passwords and MAC addresses.

These can be used to help update existing tutorials, such as getting the stats.
      cool as

It may be useful if someone could photograph the rear of the latest Sky+ HD STB and the SkyHD STB. This may be helpful to show people where the leads connect.
      Sounds good to me, if anyone can do so?

Actually this leads me on to a useful idea: Photo library of Sky equipment & telephone sockets. This could then be linked to within threads.
      Another good idea.

I have previously sent you the original word docs for the guides I created. You are more than welcome to stick them up on the tutorials. The networking one I believe would benefit from being broken into smaller sections, with suitable links between the pages.

If anyone has any pressing ideas, feel free to suggest them.
      If you could send them again?

As for the smaller sections, is this somthing you could break the documents down into?

The CMS we use does not allow for page pagination etc and so really would need to be in part 1 part 2 etc type.

I can just copy and paste them into the CMS etc the, but would seem more logical if they were already shortened in that respect.

Anyone else have any ideas?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser