Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Freedom 2 Surf running Scared?

This is a discussion on Freedom 2 Surf running Scared? within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Just spotted this on Freedom2Support - The Independent Freedom2Surf Support Community Someone has asked to migrate and got this reply: ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Freedom 2 Surf running Scared?

Just spotted this on Freedom2Support - The Independent Freedom2Surf Support Community

Someone has asked to migrate and got this reply:

Thanks for contacting us. I am sorry to hear that you want to leave freedom2surf and migrate to another provider. I have taken a look at your current package and your usage and feel we can offer you a deal that may be of interest to you.

We can offer you connection to our Cascade Lite service (charged at 14.99 per month). As part of this offer to you we will remove monthly usage capacity limitations for your connection which will continue to run at the connection speed that you currently receive. In addition to this we can offer you a Billion 5200G wireless router totally free of charge and two month's usage of our broadband service also completely free (that's almost 70 of freebies as a goodwill gesture for staying with freedom2surf).

If you don't require the router we can give you 3 months of totally free broadband service. The only condition of this offer is that you stay with us for a minimum of 12 months, which will likely be a requirement of any ISP which you wish to migrate to. I hope this information was useful for you if you still chose to migrate then please reply and I will ensure your MAC code is sent over.

Kind regards

Freedom 2 Surf

My, UK ISP's are obviously being hit hard. 2 months free and a wireless router, just to stay with them? As well as the reduction in subs to their service? As well as removing download limits. This is what was needed to shake the ISP's into submission. Now that they are losing customers by the thousands, imho, why not just offer cheap broadband with sensible limits in the first place? Why wait till your customers leave?

Whether we like it or not, Sky have their issues, but value for money, I think they have set their stall out and lowered the bar, for others to follow.

It's just a shame that losing ISP's do not pro actively offer better deals, until you decide to leave.

Freedom2Support Forums - View Single Post - MAC Code
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 01-02-08 at 12:41 AM.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      Helpmeplease is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Broadband Option 1 (not for much longer)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Freedom 2 Surf running Scared?

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Freedom 2 Surf running Scared?

The fact that O2 has also entered the market is probably significant and if their broadband is anything like their mobile side then there is going to be a lot of trouser wetting from ISP's as they have fantastic customer service and due to old users getting the same deal as new users when it comes to renewals they have a high customer retention rate.

Even my wife has now said she is prepared to go through the hassle of swapping ISP's again if it means going to O2, everybody else (including sky) watch out.