Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

View Poll Results: How many Sky routers do you have?

Voters
    45. You may not vote on this poll
    • Just the one

31 68.89%
    • Sky sent me 2

7 15.56%
    • Sky sent me 3

5 11.11%
    • I got sent over 4

2 4.44%
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lets save Sky Thousands of pounds....

This is a discussion on Lets save Sky Thousands of pounds.... within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Reading through the posts on here, it is very apparent Sky have a very poor stock control over their routers. ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Lets save Sky Thousands of pounds....

Reading through the posts on here, it is very apparent Sky have a very poor stock control over their routers.

Some examples of which are two or even three routers having been delivered to one customer.

How about Sky send a replacement router in the event yours goes faulty, and on delivery collects the old one, you know like Orange do with their phones.

How many people have more than one Sky router?

How many people can be bothered to send the old one back?

Let us know here. Sky if you read this 10% commission would be fine

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      Monday is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWHAY
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Lets save Sky Thousands of pounds....

I've got 2 spares. Wouldn't mind giving one back for something in return

Thanks
      Blog Entries

I reckon Sky should do a ROUTER AMNESTY - send the old one back to Sky and Sky credit your account with a fiver?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Sky should pay you to get their own property back? Hmmm now why don't I see that happening?

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

It's a good idea, it needs to be backed up with a lot faster turn around than the current 10-14 days waiting for the new one.

When our 1st one went bang, I was glad I had taken the details out of the router because I had my old Belkin to use because even though we are registered as vunerable users it didn't seem to make much difference to the delivery time.

The internet has become in our household a vital tool as both my wife and myself are disabled and now all our bills except for the O2 mobile bill are now paperless and so I need access to the net to check on them.

It's all well and good saying that I can go down town etc to go to the bank but going out of the house has become more and more difficult and at sometimes it seems more like an expidition to the south pole than down to the town center.

Anyways we sent our old broken v1 router back using the pre-paid sticker that was in the box, so sky can recycle/reuse it.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      Sky should pay you to get their own property back? Hmmm now why don't I see that happening?
      Because if Sky had the old routers back they could refurbish them and then send them back out. Its purely an economics argument I am presenting, because Sky seem to be quite happy sending more than one router out at a cost greater than 5 and not enforcing the return of the old ones. Think about it, it makes sense and those sending them back, save Sky money.

Just because someone has a faulty router, doesn't necessarily mean that the router is. Sky could refurbish this and then send it back out as a replacement, just like the Sky TV boxes. Sky would be quids in, in fact it would be cheaper than Sky buying them from Ebay or a Supplier. Thus reducing their overheads and being able to continue investing the money saved into CS or future plans.

It's a winner I tell thee...

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Or they could just send the returns label out and ask the customers to return the equipment that they have taken signed delivery replacement for.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

In fact they are doing that to an extent as the replacement router I got was in a "brown box" it was a lot smaller with just the power adaptor and leads in.

It also looks like it has been in the wars with great big dents and scratches in it, but as it is working and it is hidden near the phone socket I am not complaining.

I think the 5 amnesty is a good incentive, Sky are most likely paying at least 25 per router form netgear/sagem and it's just not sky saving money but the amount of heavy/toxic metals used in the manufacture of a piece of electronics is scary and so it's good sense health wise to have the amount of these materials reduced by controlling the amount of electronics being made.

As a big company Sky should actually have a policy on the enviroment and it would go a long way if they could tighten up how many routers they send out.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Or they could just send the returns label out and ask the customers to return the equipment that they have taken signed delivery replacement for.
      lol

If you ordered a TV and they sent two, would you go out of your way to send the second one back? I would be tempted to stay very quiet, rather than cart it to the Post Office, free post or not.

Fact of the matter is their is no policing of it. If they policed it or told people we will cancel your old login details, maybe their connection would suddenly start working again?

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

But the router's mine - it says so in the terms and conditions.

Mind you, the T&C's also say that you have to send the old router back if you are sent a replacement, so one of the three routers I've got should have been sent back.

But mind you again, Sky have yet to send me anything that actually works properly- by all accounts the V1 router isn't fit for purpose.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast