Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Activation Delays

This is a discussion on Activation Delays within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; After speaking to Customer Service this afternoon we have found out that there is anything up to a 7 day ...

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 152
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Activation Delays

After speaking to Customer Service this afternoon we have found out that there is anything up to a 7 day delay on BT Activating your Sky Broadband,

The length of the delay all depends on where you live and how busy your exchange is. If you live in a big city then expect a longer delay then some one living in a village,

It does seem that Openreach ( a side of BT that deals with LLU ) who already have had bad press are over stretched and just cannot cope with the demand, its funny that Sky took on extra staff to cope with demand but BT did not,

As mentioned here at Skyuser by Hugsie, Sky should hold back on issuing any more BAND numbers for sign up's. This would then give BT chance to get their house in order over activations.

BT really needs to look at employing more staff to cope with demand,

So when CS says they don't know when you will be connected, its not an excuse, they truly do not know. This is down to BT.

If your date has been changed then it may be due to an error with the order on your line which again is out of the hands of Sky.

Hope this goes some way to explaining some of the delays, i do share your frustration as I to have been waiting since the 8th sept for activation.

Thank you

Glenn

P.S.
      to Sky BB management, a little information goes a long way.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 17-09-06 at 02:11 AM.
      "To help would be a great adventure"
      Listen to the all new 24hr SkyUser Radio http://www.skyuserradio.co.uk/

Come join us for a game @ TeamSkyUser

2. Advertisement
      youravinalarrrf is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: MYBD
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      This Openreach document may be of some interest - this is how the ordering process from Sky to BT is supposed to work I think.

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/down...T_HANDBOOK.pdf

I do agree it's high time Mark Anderson Sky's Customer Marketing Director made an official statement on this forum regarding the reasons for the activation delays being experienced by so many.

Hornet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne, SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion Bipac 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      well it was meant to be connected 14th looked on bt order tracker and says 14th but order in progress the other one listed is cease for the 19th September for my current connection so I hope I get connected before disconnection.

rs200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      My own story was that I got LLU'ed yesterday (I could see from the router diags that I now had a 4mbit line - but no internet worked) but at 12:00 today I was "activated" and now everything works (apart from some forums and websites)

My activation date was the 15th (which I got from the BT order Tracker) - however when I spoke with Sky they insisted that it was the 21st !! .. (this originally slipping from the 9th) .. so I have no Idea where they were getting their information from .. When I asked them to look on their system they said that the system which interfaced BT's and their own systems was down .. ah-ha ..

What was worse that I was on hold for 1 hour only to be told when I did get eventually through to someone that their systems were being "upgraded" and could I phone back in 2 hours !!! ...

I do agree that if they just told us the truth we couldn't get half as frustrated ...
      Last edited by rs200; 16-09-06 at 07:13 PM.

bvarsani is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wembley
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Smile

I see another person who is in the same boat as me. I also called up today to ask if Sky knew that my line was activated (which it has). They didn't have a clue neither did they know when it would happen. Even though I can access the internet, I am having problems with my router, it keeps hanging. Tech support told me they couldn't help as I was not offically been connected. Well the tech man kept telling me that I needed to change my Micro filters. Like thats going to help with a router hanging.

Then he insited that I turn my firewall off. I told him a million times over that I didn't have a firewall.

Then he kept on telling me to increase my cache file. At this point my anger was sending me to boiling point. 40 minutes later I gave up and told him to stop wasting his time.

Does anyone have a clue about the hanging router yet?
      Last edited by bvarsani; 16-09-06 at 11:50 PM.

mrmojo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      bvarsani: Have you actually tried changing your microfilters? They could well be the cause. If your router is losing sync/low SNR.

As for the OP topic, it's beyond ridiculous. BT should not be allowed to let this happen.

plkrtn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thats nothing

The idiot who went into the exchange on Friday unplugged me from the BT loop, but manage to disconnect my telephone line as well. 2 days later, they reconnect it and all of a sudden i'm on Sky Broadband!

I think Sky should make it clear to users that the problem lies with BT who are obviously dragging their feet to make Sky look bad.

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 152
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

we totally agree with you plkrtn sky should make some sort of announcement,

we can not understand why Sky would let its customers keep thinking it is all Sky Broadband's fault, after all it is Sky's reputation being damaged not BT's

and welcome to the site plkrtn
      "To help would be a great adventure"
      Listen to the all new 24hr SkyUser Radio http://www.skyuserradio.co.uk/

Come join us for a game @ TeamSkyUser

leffe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Activation date was due on 14/9, and connection to old ISP was disabled at about 10am that day. Router would not connect, so I switched to Sky router. This connected, but kept getting Chap authentication errors. Left overnight & still nothing. Late Friday (15th), plugged in back my old router & it connected to my previous ISP again. Do you think BT reverted the change?
      I had been switching routers all day but could not connect to either service. Had called Sky & they said that BT were running behind with the migrations. Will call on Monday, & even though it appears to be BT's fault, I will still ask SKY for compensation. If everyone does this, then it may prompt Sky to do something - either give us realistic activation dates or stop issuing Band codes, until BT can clear backlog.

fly4fun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by leffe View Post
      Will call on Monday, & even though it appears to be BT's fault, I will still ask SKY for compensation. If everyone does this, then it may prompt Sky to do something - either give us realistic activation dates or stop issuing Band codes, until BT can clear backlog.
      Can you clarify what you mean by compensation please? Have you been charged for Sky Broadband from the original date or your activation date? If it's the former, then they should refund you the difference. Hopefully. I haven't called Custmer accounts about this yet. Don't want to give them more revenue via their phone lines than I have too!! (unless someone has an 0800 for Accounts? )

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast