Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Activation Delays

This is a discussion on Activation Delays within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Was dropped by Talk Talk on Tuesday and Sky tell me it will be at least 2 weeks before I ...

Peter Mayley is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01344
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Activation Delays

Was dropped by Talk Talk on Tuesday and Sky tell me it will be at least 2 weeks before I get Sky broadband!!!!! Have had the Sky TV for a month now so they have been messing about for that long, but why was I logged off Talk Talk before being sent a router or given a start date!

Only when I phoned did they decide to send me a router - Oh Sir, is this not a new broadband set up!

Peter

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

Re: Activation Delays

but why was I logged off Talk Talk before being sent a router or given a start date!
      You would have to ask TalkTalk that, but It looks like TalkTalk have applied a 1 month notice period to your account. TT is an LLU provider for phone and broadband and moving from one LLU provider to another is never easy. If you had been moving from BT the change-over would have been almost seamless. If you decide to move from Sky you will have the same experience again.

Sky will not normally accept an order for broadband until your phone is active and has been added to the various databases. Routers are not normally sent out till a few days before the broadband becomes active, so you are lucky if you already have yours.

As mentioned, Sky broadband is supposed to be for domestic use only and this is reflected in the price. Try to get a business connection for the same price and you will see what I mean. It would be in your own interest not to mention to anyone at Sky that you run 3 companies. Some agents will not bother, but others that stick to the rules will have you cut off.

If you have the Dlink router, which new customers are receiving, you are out of luck, as there is no way at the moment to extract the password you need to connect your own router to Sky.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234