Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Activation Delays

This is a discussion on Activation Delays within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Sky has already offered me 1 months free broadband, as a result of my router not turning up on time. ...

leffe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sky has already offered me 1 months free broadband, as a result of my router not turning up on time.
      I'm not sure how the billing works, but I'm sure that I read that you will be charged from your activation date

2. Advertisement
      tdflyer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs up activated on expected day.

It appears I hav ebeen one the lucky ones.

Received router within thre days of order. Activated 7 days later, on the expected.

Perhaps it's because I was not migrating from another ISP.??

Had some issues with the wireless connection, cheers to this forum I swicthed off the Upnp, etc. And the problem.

No speed tests done as yet.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      tdflyer

Thank you for your kind feedback now start downloading the tinternet to your hearts content

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

PeteBest is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thank God for this thread, thought I was going insane, as BT killed my old IPStream connection on the 22/9 and have yet to do the LLU provide (still in progress since 19/9 on the BT site)

Despite several phone calls to Sky no one mentioned 7 days! They really need to get something sorted with that, even if it's not their fault about the delay. My letter from Sky stated it'd be changed on the 19/9 so I expected to be disconnected and then reconnected a few hours later

Alberto is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Southend
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      7 days seems a very rough estimate, some people will have less of a wait, some people will have more. I'm on day 9 of my wait (9 working days that is).

Kinda down on the whole thing now , just gotta keep thinking of all that cash i'll save .

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      9 working days? Geez, I hope it doesn't take the long. Kinda annoying that they proceed with the disconnection so long before the migration. That and with Sky not mentioning anything about the delay in any of their communications is pretty annoying.

Best of luck with your saga

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry people but you really need to know how this works and believe me its not really SkyBB fault

Once the order is placed with BTW and the MAC Code is sent and accepted by BTW thats it as far as SkyBB is concerned for the cancellation of your IPStream account SkyBB have no further control of that side of things, thats all now down to BTW and regardless of the fact that you have an LLU order on your line if that doesn't go through for whatever reason and that is again down to BTW they make damn sure that when the cease is due it gets done and its always done on the day it should be as well.

So as you can see SkyBB cant stop the process and BTW will not and I believe the reason for that is the system thats in place will not allow it.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      Sorry people but you really need to know how this works and believe me its not really SkyBB fault
      I know it's not Skys fault, but they should at least let you know that there could be up to a 7 day delay from BT. In an ideal world they should manage the situation and make sure that BT perform the cease from IPstream + migration to LLU on the same day, not 1 week between them. If not then it'd be good if they provide you with updates

Since my letter from Sky stated the line would be active on the 19/9, that's what I expected. I've called Sky twice since I was disconnected and all I was told was I had to wait for BT and they couldn't give me any sort of ETA. I had to speak to the BT wholesale guys who told me about 7 days, this thread just confirmed they weren't talking rubbish.
      Last edited by PeteBest; 26-09-06 at 05:35 PM.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      In a perfect world you are correct.

When you have an ISP who is trying to supply a service and you have a BTW well lets just say anyone who has been to the BT checker will know full well they don't even update that with a new LLU activation date so they sure as hell aren't keeping the ISP's informed.

I have to be honest though SkyBB did around 4 or 5 weeks ago call people and inform them that there were going to be slight delays I guess since then there has been so many problems they don't know if they are coming or going anymore.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Just as an update to this thread, Sky have now told me that in some exchanges there is a 7-10 working day delay after the activation date before it's complete.

All that seems to be able to be done is to ask Sky to push BT to do their bit. Fingers crossed that Sky will be placing a formal complaint with OFCOM against BT for their poor handling of LLU migrations

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast