Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Watch Out - Talk Talk are about

This is a discussion on Watch Out - Talk Talk are about within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Its not normal that I praise Plusnet, however they have brought to light, what I would class as something as ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Watch Out - Talk Talk are about

Its not normal that I praise Plusnet, however they have brought to light, what I would class as something as outrageous, to put it politely.

As you know Talk Talk are an ISP that provides, Telephony, Broadband and Mobile Phones. However if you just wish to swap to Talk Talk for your Telephony beware.

They have quite cleverly written into their Terms and Conditions, the following:

"1.23.2 you will no longer be able to use Broadband or Line Rental Services from other providers. We will not be liable for any charges which may arise as a result of the termination of your contract with your existing providers for those services;"

as well as:

“1.22 Unless you have agreed previously to take our Broadband Service, we will seek your express consent before transferring you to our LLU network if you take a broadband service from another provider on the same telephone line at the time of transfer.”

You can see this published article on Plusnet's website here - PlusNet Comms Team Blog - Blog Archive The case of the missing customers…

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Watch Out - Talk Talk are about

my friend is with talktalk i seem to remember when they first offered free broadband they messed up bigtime and the chairman said it was a big mistake lol

no not sky i said talktalk lol

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Not supprised I have six months of hell with them b4 I joined Sky. Ther'e an abbismal company!

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

My Brother is with Talk Talk for both his broadband and phone line services and has never had any problems with them what so ever.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      My Brother is with Talk Talk for both his broadband and phone line services and has never had any problems with them what so ever.

Well he must be the lucky one, I have never had such a bad experience with any company EVER!!

Stumpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ingleby Barwick (NEILB)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      "1.23.2 you will no longer be able to use Broadband or Line Rental Services from other providers. We will not be liable for any charges which may arise as a result of the termination of your contract with your existing providers for those services;"
      I am currently a customer of TalkTalk for telephone only, and have been for some time. Is this only new customers that are affected? I'm having a hard enough time getting Sky to keep me connected to the internet, without someone else sticking their oar in....

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Hi

Without seeing the contract or Terms and Conditions that you signed up, I cannot say either way.

Did you by any chance keep a copy, or do what a lot of people do and not bother reading them? I am not having a pop, but it is all too common that people just trust companies when they sign up to them.

Hopefully, they sent you a copy with your activation / first letter etc?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Stumpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ingleby Barwick (NEILB)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hmmm. Can't find them offhand, but I doubt very much that they would have had a clause in about broadband, as at the time I took my contract out with them for the telephone, they did not offer a broadband service ... this was several years ago. I am only on the basic package anyway - the one where I still pay BT for the line rental, so perhaps it doesn't apply?

Chug a Bug is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Yes
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. This is common practise with CPS services but it's the first time I've heard of it with BB. Once you sign up to someone else's line they can block you from using cheap overseas call providers for instance and Carrier Pre Select services - and it's perfectly legal. Why? Because they're not making any money out of you - they want you to use their (premium) services instead. Bulldog used to do this.

Thats why I keep a BT line - it may cost slightly more per month but BT are forbidden from blocking you from using any other services on their line (they're also quicker to sort out problems on your line.) Other companies are not tied in this way.

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast