Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Please sir, can I have some more? Virgin Media to boost top broadband speed from May

This is a discussion on Please sir, can I have some more? Virgin Media to boost top broadband speed from May within the Website news forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Does BE Internet activate an exchange or multiple lines instead, because the building in front of my flat has BE ...

miahm2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: CLWAP
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Please sir, can I have some more? Virgin Media to boost top broadband speed from

Does BE Internet activate an exchange or multiple lines instead, because the building in front of my flat has BE Internet and my building doesn't. Why's That???
      "If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for"

2. Advertisement
      Gaztops is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Wanadoo/Orange
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Please sir, can I have some more? Virgin Media to boost top broadband speed from

Looking at what it says on Be's website, you need a BT line to be eligible for Be broadband, so maybe they operate like Sky.

Thanks

Erm I do have a BT Line and so do the other building so does that mean that they activate through the exchange or by activating each BT lines

Gaztops is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Wanadoo/Orange
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I would have thought Be would activate an exchange. It sounds like your building comes off a different exchange to the other building.

Thanks

Ive researched that but both my building and the other building get internet from the same Wapping exchange.

freetoview is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I honestly don't know why Mr Branson does not push there BB service more and separately(if Virgin do then I stand corrected) then I could have Sky for TV and Virgin for BB, But they would have to do something about the price, Virgin don't have a lot going for them except BB

Lazarus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: STHYTHE
      Broadband ISP: Mid from 5 Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It seems that my area is economically unviable as far as cable is concerned. After all there's only about 25,000 people living here

At least I've still got my sky
      Asus P6T Deluxe - i7 920 @3.6GHz - 750GB Samsung F1 - 6GB OCZ Platinum 1600MHz - XFX GTX260 'Black Edition' - Tagan 1100W PSU - TT 'Big Water' 760i - Antec 1200 - Windows 7 64-bit - Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit

ADSL Link..............Down .............Up
      Connection Speed..9215 kbps......606 kbps
      Line Attenuation... 20.0 db..........11.9 db
      Noise Margin........ 20.9 db..........22.0db

Madjock is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wallsend
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yeah freetoview you can have VM BB seperate if you want, but its still expensive. Atm my sky isp experiance is being dulled casue of CS through connection problems.
      But saying that i might opt for the free sky 2mb connection and get the cable from VM for my gaming etc as its very stable, i only had 2 days downtime in about 4yrs with them but it was getting expensive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12