Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Article: Port forwarding - Setting up Port forwarding (use existing & set up custom services)

This is a discussion on Article: Port forwarding - Setting up Port forwarding (use existing & set up custom services) within the vBCms Comments forums, part of the category; You can view the page at SkyUser - Port forwarding - Setting up Port forwarding (use existing & set up ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Article: Port forwarding - Setting up Port forwarding (use existing & set up custom services)

Last edited by NewsreadeR; 23-08-12 at 12:26 AM. Reason: fixed URL

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      akat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0203
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Article: Port forwarding - Setting up Port forwarding (use existing & set up custom service

I have set the inbound rules as : 1) default : http (TCP 80) [ this failed and 2) replaced with FTP ( TCP 21:21) > Always allow > Lan server ; 192.168.0. x >>> Port forward name = yawcam > Type TCP > Port from 8081 to 8081 ... >> Yawcam online status check is ok and everything looks fine ( Im making a little progress at last ) : for http://2.223.xxx.xxx:8081 ( I can successfully ping 2.223.xxx.xxx) > but when I type this url to access the yawcam the url cannot be found ..ie web address is incorrect ... pls help
      Last edited by akat; 23-04-13 at 05:01 PM.

Thanks

Re: Article: Port forwarding - Setting up Port forwarding (use existing & set up custom service

Could you try setting up the port forwarding for both TCP & UDP? This may correct the issue.

Also the home IP Address will change periodically. I would highly recommend that you set up a DynDNS address. If you do not already have one set up, check out this link for a free account:

https://www.dlinkddns.com/login

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Thanks

thanks .. tried port forwarding settings tcp.udp : Start : 8000 , Finish :8888 > yawcam online status check is still good but I still cant access the page.. The router address is 192.168.0.1, but the wifi connects to IP 192.168.0.9 ..( So I have changed to that.. and alternated between the two addresses but to no avail ).. I will try the DynDNS setting..my router is a Sky SR101 ..( Not a dlink .) .. your help is appreciated

Thanks

Sorry for the delay in responding. I can't understand what is happening properly here now. The knowledge I need would be to down with your Yawcam.

I know that you have contributed to a thread on the main forum. Hopefully the answer is there, else please fell free to comment there as more people will be able to assist you.

Thanks
      Thanks Scubbie... Ive cracked it after experimenting with variations of firewall rules and services setting, and gradually found the match ... would never have done it without you !!.. yawcam now singing and dancing ... Im happy again ... much obliged

Thanks

Well done. It would help, if you haven't already done so, if you would be kind enough to make some screen shots and post what you have done to get it all to work.

Please do not provide the actual port numbers that you are using and use something such as Photoshop to wipe the actual port number details from the screen shots.

If you could post them in a new thread of in the Yawcam thread it would make it easier for someone else doing the same thing.

Aasof is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: worle
      Thanks
      I have read the advice on the Sky (official) forum and have read - and tried - the advice here.
      I'm trying to port forward an Avtech AVN80X camera using 'eagleeyes) and have tried everything advised.

I can access the camera over the wireless connection on both iPad and iPhone.
      However neither 'Alarms' with the 'Guard' something I'm sure should happen over the wireless connection?
      If the 'Guard' doesn't work then I guess the 'push video' isn't going to work?

Everything I try results in the camera 'blinking a Port Forwarding' problem.

I am using a MAC desktop but didn't think that Port Forwarding relied on a need to access the PC?

This camera was difficult to set up on an O2 Router - I eventually got it work but have forgotten how!

Peter (Aasof)
      Last edited by Aasof; 04-02-14 at 12:17 PM. Reason: more info added

Thanks

Do you still have your O2 router?

I am thinking that someone familiar with the O2 router may be able to go through with you the settings that you used there and then help you to get the equivalent settings on your SR101.

Aasof is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: worle
      Thanks
      Hello Scubbie - thanks for the response. theoretically it should be simple on the SR101 but maybe I'll have to retry with the O2 Thompson. Meanwhile I've trawled around the net and found a few with a similar problem. I have tried everything a number of times.
      The most noticeable cahange was in ignoring the Avtech guidelines and saving the file as a DCHP (lights stopped blinking until I tried push video guard)
      UPNP On/Off
      Address reservation - this seems to matter as 'Attached Devices' appears to drop devices not 'reserved'
      Dynamic DNS - not sure about this! It 'appears to be set up OK, but On/Off doesn't seem to change anything.

I'm sure that on the 02 Thompson it was something 'basic' that I had overlooked. On the SR 101 I seem to have tried every thing.

On the positive side - the notes with the SR101 have (so far) stopped me really messing up my broadband connection.

If i can't resolve it this week - I'll take your advice ant retry with the Thompson.

Thanks Peter (Aasof)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast