Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Q Hub (ER110) wont open ports - but I can access remotely..

This is a discussion on Sky Q Hub (ER110) wont open ports - but I can access remotely.. within the Technical discussion forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hi, I am trying to port forward on a Q hub for cameras but I cannot open the ports, 80 ...

colcom is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0141
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Q Hub (ER110) wont open ports - but I can access remotely..

Hi, I am trying to port forward on a Q hub for cameras but I cannot open the ports, 80 and 3100. Everything has been looked over, reset and redone again. I have separated out the TCP / UDP port options to singular services as described elsewhere, I have also as an aside setup DDNS via No-ip.
      Is there something I am missing? Does this model router have previous? Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

Re: Sky Q Hub (ER110) wont open ports - but I can access remotely..

For a start I wouldn't recommend the use of port 80. It's used for too many things and could easily be scanned and picked up. I would also be tempted to change the other from port 3100 for similar reasons.

For full instructions for setting up port forwarding on the Q Hub, please read out guides for the SR101. The method is identical.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/conte...ing-about.html

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/conte...servation.html

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/conte...-services.html

Please come back and let us know how you get on.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Thanks Scubbie, have set up on different ports. TCP and UDP, separated out as services on ports 1074, 2074. Still nowt on port checker. Comes up closed. As I am not on site I have not configured the NVR to the new ports but the router should let traffic through the FW eh?
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sky Q Hub (ER110) wont open ports - but I can access remotely..-sssky.jpg  

Thanks

You can combine TCP & UDP together. This would reduce the amount in your list.

I was going to do a sneaky and see if I can see the ports from here. You've posted away from home in the response above.

You won't get a positive result from the port forward checkers of the destination is closed or set to a different port, so you will need to change your cameras too.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by colcom View Post
      Thanks Scubbie, have set up on different ports. TCP and UDP, separated out as services on ports 1074, 2074. Still nowt on port checker. Comes up closed. As I am not on site I have not configured the NVR to the new ports but the router should let traffic through the FW eh?
      Just one point, you have set the firewall up for Outgoing services, but have you done the same for Inbound services. In my experience, open ports Outbound is not really necessary as the default is to Allow All, but Inbound is absolutely imperative if you want to access your cameras from a remote network.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Just one point, you have set the firewall up for Outgoing services, but have you done the same for Inbound services. In my experience, open ports Outbound is not really necessary as the default is to Allow All, but Inbound is absolutely imperative if you want to access your cameras from a remote network.
      Thanks Isitme, I have set up both inward and outward the same, my screen capture crapped out just below incoming.. As I am not onsite I am going to have to set the ports on the NVR and restart the lot. the IP is currently - (removed) fyi Scubbie. I have obv altered admin pw. Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info, I would not have known that the port has to have a terminus, metaphorically, to register on the online port checker.. thanks for the info. I heard somewhere once to set up the tcp / udp individually if there are probs - it has never worked yet but it stuck! Cheers
      Last edited by Scubbie; 03-09-16 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Removed IP Address for security

Thanks

That's fine colom.

I've removed the IP Address as someone out there would love to know which ports you have open, not that a cheap port scanner won't do it anyway.

I've just looked and it's coming back closed for me too. However that might be because you haven't updated the camera to use the ports yet.

Let us when this has been done. Also don't forget to test on your home network too.

For my own IP Cameras I've set it up so that I use the local IP Address and the WAN IP Address on the app. It's alright at the moment, but when I go back to using my Netgear & the SR101, the WAN address doesn't work locally.