Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Communication problem between Sky Wireless connector SC 201 and Huawei HG 533 from talktalk/BT

This is a discussion on Communication problem between Sky Wireless connector SC 201 and Huawei HG 533 from talktalk/BT within the Technical discussion forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Talktalk just installed in our home a talktalk fibre broadband line via a Huawei HG533 installed by BT . I ...

Howard Johnson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01273
      Broadband ISP: huawei HG 533
      Router: huawei HG533
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Communication problem between Sky Wireless connector SC 201 and Huawei HG 533 from talktalk/BT

Talktalk just installed in our home a talktalk fibre broadband line via a Huawei HG533 installed by BT. I have Sky SC 201 wireless for use with HD sky plus box.
      The BT engineer said contact sky to get a from them a new wirless connector.
      The sky wireless connector reads the router fine but cannot download to the box via "catchup"
      Sky said the problem is down to Talktalk to resolve as the router just needs "opening". Talktalk support is definitely not good but after many tries I was told to login in to the Huawei router and then select "advanced" and then via setting input about 8 items like interface, protocol, external start and end and internal host and internal port. I do not know how to obtain these details
      Please let me know if either
      1.I should get a new sky wireless connector and will this work correctly or will the same trouble occur
      or 2. Get all these requested setting from SKy? or somewhere else ?and input them
      Or any other ideas...
      Many thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Howard Johnson For This Useful Post:

satnam99 (21-04-14)

3. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Communication problem between Sky Wireless connector SC 201 and Huawei HG 533 from talktalk

Would it be possible as a temporary measure to run a long ethernet cable between your router and Sky+ HD box to check whether the problem is due to the wifi link or not.
      Alternatively if your PC is connected to your router by network cable try disconnecting the cable and using the SC201 instead to check whether (with its current settings) it is capable of communicating with the Internet.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to seawright For This Useful Post:

Howard Johnson (14-12-13)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Communication problem between Sky Wireless connector SC 201 and Huawei HG 533 from talktalk

Have you reset the adapter since you installed the new router?

Switch the HD box to standby them power off completely, remove the wireless adapter and restart the HD box. Press and hold the reset button on the adapter, to reset it. When the HD box is up and running plug in the adapter and enter the wireless key.

Another thing you can try if you have access to the multiplexing method on the router, is change this from VC-MUX to LLC.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

Howard Johnson (14-12-13)

Thanks

Many thanks, I tried the reset as suggested by turning the box off without success so will now try multiplex method to sort this out. I am away for some weeks now so on return will try that and also as another suggested connect physically sky wireless adapter to router to help locate fault

Thanks

Thank you, I will use as suggested the long ethernet cable to help locate problem. The PC and router are not connected and the Sc 201 communicates well wirelessly just the downloading of programs will not work "on demand". I am away for a few weeks now and will let you know on return and when i get a the long cable

Thanks

If you are connecting to the router, but not getting a service connection, it is most likely the multiplexing that is causing the problem. This seems to be quite common on non-Sky connections and will still be there, even with a cable connection.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

satnam99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk fibre
      Router: Huawei HG533
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I am also having this issue with Talk Talk / Huawei HG533 and Sky on demand services.

I'm plugged directly in via a cable.

"Connection to On Demand: FAIL"

Cannot see a Multiplexing method option in the router settings pages. What section would it usually be under?

Thanks

With ADSL it will usually be in the WAN set up section together with the VCI and VPI. I am not sure where it will be in a fibre set up.

TomD

Useful Utilites