Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By seawright

Wireless Connector - What to do with them

This is a discussion on Wireless Connector - What to do with them within the Technical discussion forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Recently, I got a "as a valued customer you can have a free gift of a wireless connector". Without thinking ...

nheather is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Carfax, Horsham (SDHRSHM)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Q Hub - No idea whether it is an ER110 or ER115
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Wireless Connector - What to do with them

Recently, I got a "as a valued customer you can have a free gift of a wireless connector".

Without thinking much I clicked to say "go on then, send me one".

I then got a response saying that there was huge demand and I might not get one and it will take up to 3months.

I then read a little and decided that as my two sky boxes have wired Ethernet connections I wouldn't need it anyway.

Move on 3 weeks and a Wireless Connector drops through the letterbox. One week later another appears (presumably because I have two Sky boxes).

So now I have two of these little Wireless Connectors - they are not needed on either of my Sky boxes.

Is there any other use I can put them to or are they so Sky specific they won't work on anything else.

Cheers,

Nigel

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Wireless Connector - What to do with them

If the wireless connectors you have, have an ethernet socket and came with a separate power supply then they can be used to connect a computer or any network enabled device to your router via wi-fi. The new mini wireless connectors which only have a USB socket would require special drivers to be used in this way. It is unlikely that Sky would release these drivers but there are some resourceful programmers around who given time will either write a new driver or adapt an existing one for use with these boxes.
      bubblegun likes this.