Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Asus RT-N66u shibby Tomato and Netgear DM111Pv2 now working under MER

This is a discussion on Asus RT-N66u shibby Tomato and Netgear DM111Pv2 now working under MER within the Technical discussion forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hello, Just new to skyuser, I have been in the UK for 3 years and now doing an electronics PhD ...

bg3mdo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01904
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Asus RT-N66u shibby Tomato and Netgear DM111Pv2 now working under MER

Hello,

Just new to skyuser, I have been in the UK for 3 years and now doing an electronics PhD (2nd year). In my leisure time, I am so happy to play with wireless routers, since the wireless routers are cheaper then other embedded systems. They have powerful processor and strong peripherals.

Yesterday, I have got my TP-Link MR3320 v2 working as an apple airplay router, and I am able to steam any audio from my iphone and ipad to my router, and then output to a loudspeaker. For this particular mini project, I spend about two days to mod my router, finally giving it an usb audio card and a 16-g USB pen disk in it. It is running a customer built OpenWRT firmware.

I got a second-hand Netgear DM111Pv2 from Ebay, then I decided to use the modem connecting to my new Asus n66u router, and replacing the SKY SR101 in my rented flat. The reason is dual NAT causing slow response. Apart from the slow-responded, I also have NAS and need a giga ethernet. To optimize wifi connection, I am using 5G, instead of 2G which has a lot of interference (about 20 2G APs around me, n66u is dual band router). I followed the instructions on this forum, and extracting ID and PASSWORD of my SKY account. Here I am going to post some configurations on how to get the DM111Pv2 and N66u working on SKY network.

Never mind the MAC address of your modem, SKY will not check the ADSL MAC, the configuration of my modem:

Asus RT-N66u shibby Tomato and Netgear DM111Pv2 now working under MER-wngp_-1jhp11hd1g-pr9cv.jpg

The router configurations (third part firmware : Shibby Tomato, you can wiki for more info.):
      Basic -> Network
      WAN: DHCP, Default MTU 1500
      Route Modem IP, if you wanna access you modem after you router, then give the modem IP, mine is 192.168.0.1 (DM111Pv2)

Asus RT-N66u shibby Tomato and Netgear DM111Pv2 now working under MER-mzt-ok0-skv5l-uj5kw-do.jpg

Then go to Advanced -> DHCP/DNS
      In DHCP Clinet (WAN) label, in the DHCPC Options box giving statement: -x 61:--HEX(ed) id and password, how to generate the hex, looking at pn-mb wiki : MER - PH-Mb Wiki
      Un-tick Reduce packet size

Asus RT-N66u shibby Tomato and Netgear DM111Pv2 now working under MER-7g-yg-3ucb5e7-8-if6mgo.jpg

Finally, give a show to my mod TP-Link MR3220V2, also addding extra USBs.. ; )

Asus RT-N66u shibby Tomato and Netgear DM111Pv2 now working under MER-6-v-g9cspre73o5-fwa-i.jpgAsus RT-N66u shibby Tomato and Netgear DM111Pv2 now working under MER-7vrrdxcm8l5i7w4-oxz1m1.jpg

Hopeful, I will get a chance to hacker the SR101.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bg3mdo For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (26-01-13)

3. Advertisement
      dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Re: Asus RT-N66u shibby Tomato and Netgear DM111Pv2 now working under MER

Couple of bits of kit you *may* be interested in.

1) Tenda N600/N60, Simultaneous dual band router with 4x 10/100/1000 lan ports and 1x 10/100/1000 wan port, did ask about it on tomato USB forums but can't see anyway to get a CFE dump without attaching a serial cable. They're going for 30ish on ebuyer atm.

see

tenda n60/n600 - TomatoUSB

2) Ubiquiti Edgerouter Lite - 500mhz Dual core Mips CPU, 3x 10/100/1000 interfaces, 4gb USB flash (2x 2gb partitions, active/standby images)
      It's an older cavium octeon cpu and thus has hardware packet acceleration and Crypto offload.

Runs EdgeOS which is forked from Vyatta, seems to be a Debian varient, Bootloader is fully unlocked I believe and they're about 95 + Vat. (Although it's a bit hard to get hold of them atm)

trippyrain is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

i want a new router with "wake on lan" setup possible via Telnet like my friends talktalk setup any advice on where to start with sky had no luck with a dlink dsl-2740R hear is the output of my config from sr101

i think the dns is stopping connection

<LastConnectedURL>https://cpemgt.isp.sky.com</LastConnectedURL>
      <Username>OUI-021018090009</Username>
      <Password>**********==</Password>
      <PeriodicInformInterval>86400</PeriodicInformInterval>
      <PeriodicInformTime>2013-11-25T20:32:39+00:00</PeriodicInformTime>
      <ConnectionRequestURL notification="2">http://90.219.226.164:30005/</ConnectionRequestURL>
      <ConnectionRequestUsername>*********0</ConnectionRequestUsername>
      <ConnectionRequestPassword>********=</ConnectionRequestPassword>

details have been decoded using some hex 64 calculator
      Last edited by Scubbie; 27-11-13 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Removed IDs and passwords for safety

dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

That looks like the Information for the router to call into Sky's ACS (TR69) management platform rather than the username/password to connect to the network

I'd also suggest not posting the username/passwords in the public forum.

gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Got mine working yesterday, the hex string for the DHCP option is confusing.

I've seen it listed as: -

-x 0x3d:<<hex string>>
      and
      -x 61:00<<hex string>>

I could only get it to work with the first option though. Runs very well though, and performance is MUCH better than the TP-LINK WR1043ND I had previously.